Hunter is a company that offers solutions to the problems of irrigation, outdoor, lighting, and custom molding industries. Its products are globally used and can be seen at stadiums, national landmarks, commercial complexes, and buildings. Its headquarters are in San Marcos CA. Its products and services include agricultural irrigation, custom manufacturing, and dispensing technologies. It visons to be always at customer first choice. The work values of hunters are Innovation, Family, and social responsibility. It provides a fun, friendly, and collaborative work environment to its employees. It seeks dedicated and self-driven employees.
We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we’re global, we’re family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you’re pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
About This Role:
The Senior Payroll Administrator is the major contributor to the preparation and disbursement of the organization’s bi-weekly domestic payroll. S/he supports all areas of payroll data management, tax reporting, general ledger and account reconciliation, always maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality of payroll information.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social Responsibility.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
- Processes bi-weekly domestic payroll for multiple entities and monthly International payroll, including transmission of EFT& manual check files to finance. Processing includes transmission of 401k and other deductions to outside service providers. Reviews, balances, and reconciles bi-weekly payroll data using pre-check and post-check reports.
2. Updates changes to PTO Requests. Uploads all Benefits and Payroll adjustments for Earnings and Deductions. Coordinates New Hire and Final checks, and LOA adjustments with Human Resources.
3. Processes deductions of court ordered child support/tax levies and responds to all related inquiries from employees and applicable courts.
4. Reconciles tax files with payroll system database for bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual tax files. Research tax correspondence and inquiries. Verifies compliance with state and federal government reporting requirements for State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) against the payroll system database and Tax filing.
5. Completes and submits monthly journal entries to Finance. Reconciles payroll account balances with Finance and resolve any variances. Prepares monthly Finance Department reports, including but not limited to: Paid Time Off (PTO) Accruals, General Ledger reconciliations.
6. Audits for data changes to Business Units to ensure financial reporting accuracy relating to budgeting and costing. Audits and updates Earnings and Deduction Codes as well as General Ledger (GL) codes in the payroll system.
7. Administrator for timekeeping system (UTA).
8. Contributes and participates in Finance and Human Resource Department discussions and meetings that relate to payroll activities.
9.Creates standard reports for Payroll and responds to all department request for various types of reports. Creates ad-hoc reports that may be complex in design and submit to end user in a confidential manner.
10. Processes all manual and termination checks and responsible for Wells Fargo Check Reporting.
11. Responds quickly to Verification of Employment (VOE) requests.
12. Maintains paper and electronic payroll files.
13. Recommends changes to processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
Other Job Functions:
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Hunter Industries’ approach to the health and safety of each employee is based on adherence to our Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Every employee is responsible for their safety and must work safely at all times. Employees are to immediately report all unsafe or hazardous conditions, including injuries and near misses to their Supervisor or the Risk Management department. Those employees who do not comply with safe work practices may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
Minimum five years of payroll and accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
KSA #1: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
KSA #2: Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
KSA #3: Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment, discretion and confidentiality.
KSA #4: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
KSA #5: Strong knowledge of current federal and multiple state payroll tax laws.
KSA #6: Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical and statistical calculations.
KSA #7: Knowledge of HRIS and/or Payroll system report writing and query creation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) Preferred:
KSA #8: Verbal and written communication skills in Spanish.
KSA #9: American Payroll Association (APA) Certification, Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC), Certified Payroll Professional (CPP).
Ability to sit for majority of day to complete payroll activities. Intermittent standing to use office machines.
Intermittent walking to gain access to areas in department.
Ability to climb stairs to gain access to work area. Ability to bend to move documents to and from file drawers.
Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer, 10-key adding machine and to complete paperwork activities.
Visual acuity sufficient to use a computer, to read written materials and to complete paperwork activities.
Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Office setting with temperature controls.
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: http://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers