Nestled in Waltham, MA, Raytheon Company is an international technology and innovation firm in aerospace and defense, providing electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services for a wide variety of government and commercial customers. Besides its global business services segment the company runs four operations: Integrated Defense Systems; Intelligence, Information and Services; Missile Systems; Space and Airborne Systems. Working toward the goal of making the world a safer place, the company offers career paths to you if you consider yourself mission-driven who thrives on continual learning, big ideas and real challenges. Job openings are not only available for professionals, but also for recent graduates & interns; moreover the company offers a Relaunch Program, a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package is accessible for you, containing elements of health care, income protection, investment/retirement and work/life benefits. As one of the earliest technology start-ups Raytheon was established in Cambridge, home of the Institute of Technology, as the American Appliance Company in 1922.
Global Business Services (GBS) is seeking a strong candidate to join the Raytheon Enterprise Procurement Services (REPS) Non Product Technology Direct to Contract Computer Hardware Team. Candidate will manage medium to high complexity external procurements in support of multiple internal customers Enterprise wide. Candidate will be the focal point for interface and communication between the programs and suppliers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Quotation activities
- Proposal activity support for strategic pursuits
- Documentation write-up
- Sourcing/Selecting qualified suppliers using source selection techniques (best value, Total Cost of Ownership, etc.)
- Seeking alternate suppliers (when applicable)
- Supplier negotiations (price, schedules, standard terms & conditions)
- Identify supplier risks
- Communicate requirements (prime contract, quality, terms and conditions) to suppliers
- Interface with internal and supplier cross-functional organizations
- Execute to customer requirements including government regulations, public laws and Raytheon policies and procedures
- Post-award management in accordance with company directives and REPS & Business Unit work instructions
- Strategic planning while supporting daily tactical and detailed activities
- May be required to participate in supplier development activity
- Minimum experience of 4 years in a procurement/buying role
- Self-starter able to handle their own buying desk
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and perform in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to place a PO of medium to high complexity and process a high volume of POs (across various business units)
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal customers and suppliers.
- Strong time management skills with ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously and meet team and individual performance metrics
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively in a virtual environment with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think strategically
- DoD procurement experience and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS) – ability to place POs over TINA dollar threshold
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new information, processes and tools and adapt to change.
Required Experience and Education:
- DoD procurement experience and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (FAR/DFARS) as well as ITAR and import/export
- Knowledge of SAP APEX-PRISM, SAMS, SRS, ESRT, Supplier Insight, Wed ESD, and other procurement tools
- Proficiency to perform and comprehend price analysis, source selection justification
- Ability to filter information from multiple sources to drive innovative solutions
- Experience with PO documentation standards and systems
- Experience working with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Enterprise tools and knowledge of supply chain processes
- Knowledge of hardware product commodity
- Strong negotiation skills
- Six Sigma or equivalent certification
- Minimum Degree: BS or BA in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Contract Administration or equivalent degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.