Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Senior Product Manager located in Waller, TX (suburb of Houston). The Product Manager develops, implements and manages product marketing activities to provide optimum sales and profits to assigned product line. Determines short and long-term strategies and tactics for product marketing. Evaluates effectiveness of programs and concepts. Understanding of product features, benefits, pricing, positioning, design and advertising. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at www.careersatgoodman.com
Responsibilities may include:
- Identify and prioritize business opportunities through Voice of Customer and market share analysis.
- Manage product life cycles by establishing a short and long range vision for products.
- Develop product specifications to meet voice of customer needs for markets.
- Effectively communicate product development priorities and product/project progress.
- Evaluate and escalate risks in projects/products to supervisor and senior management when appropriate.
- Monitor competitive activities/products and provide continuous gap analysis in products/services.
- Know and understand regulatory requirements for products.
- Contribute to the development of product forecasts.
- Evaluate and recommend product inventory levels.
- Establish price to market through margin analysis and competitive positions.
- Provide sales support for product benefits and features internally and externally (Product/Dealer Meetings)
- Provides direction to other Product Managers and cross functional professionals in the organization.
- Thrives in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to speak in public.
- Ability to develop effective communication pieces such as (presentations, written memos, etc.).
- Applies Voice of Customer techniques to product cycle
- Ability to apply business and financial methods.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC technology, components and industry.
- Experience with an HVAC manufacturer.
- Advanced knowledge of durable goods manufacturing processes.
- Influences quality systems
- 5+ years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Physics or the applied sciences
- MBA a plus
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.
Houston-based Goodman is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd. . Goodman's products are predominantly marketed under the GoodmanÃ‚Â® and AmanaÃ‚Â® brand names, and are sold through company-operated and independent distribution networks with more than 950 total distribution points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004 accredited, an international certification that recognizes manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 44,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90 countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan. For more information, visit www.goodmanmfg.com