Engility was launched in 2012 as an independent company made up of leading businesses within L-3's Government Services segments: including MPRI, Command & Control Systems and Software (C2S2), Global Security & Engineering Solutions (GS&ES), Linguist Operations & Technical Support (LOTS) and Engility Corporation and International Resources Group (IRG).
Senior Program Manager / Task Lead-DTRA RD-Chemical and Biological Defense
3 months ago(1/2/2018 1:44 PM)
# of Openings
Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U. S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Research and Development (RD) Directorate provides U. S. Forces technological superiority across the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) mission space through innovative Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluation (RDT&E). Engility provides Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) across RD to include its six subordinate Departments. The RD-Chemical and Biological Technologies Department (RD-CB) manages and integrates the development, demonstration, and transition of timely and effective chemical and biological defense solutions, while serving as the focal point for chemical and biological Science and Technology (S&T) expertise for the organization and the DoD Chemical and Biological Defense Program (CBDP). RD-CB is responsible for directing and managing the S&T component of the CBDP. RD-CB's mission is to invest in transformational ideas, innovative people, and actionable technology development for Chemical Biological Defense solutions.
Engility is seeking a technical Senior Program Manager / Task Lead to support RD-CB. The individual will report directly to the Engility RD A&AS Program Director and will provide executive level A&AS support to the RD-CB Department Director and his staff. The individual will advise and assist senior Agency personnel in CB related S&T requirements and capabilities. The individual will have knowledge of the CWMD mission space, an understanding of current and emerging threats, the capacity to assess mission gaps, and the familiarity of the processes to rapidly move from requirements definition to the transition of practical solutions to DoD and non-DoD entities. The individual will work with other CWMD stakeholders and understand the roles and responsibilities of internal and external partners to include other federal agencies, laboratories, companies, and partner nations.
- Provide A&AS support to DTRA RD to maintain CWMD technological superiority, support readiness, and mitigate risks in the DoD CWMD mission with a focus on the CBDP.
- Lead a diverse team to provide scientific, engineering, acquisition, programmatic and technical expertise capable of supporting in-depth scientific analyses, technology and program assessments, and budget/acquisition cycle support across the CB S&T portfolio.
- Provide advice and analysis on implications of higher headquarters guidance and policy to include national security and DoD level documents.
- Provide thought leadership and critical thinking on a wide range of CB S&T areas of interest.
- Support, analyze, and recommend courses of action to maximize Department effectiveness and economy in operations.
- Integrate individual S&T projects into a cohesive overall program in support of the DTRA CB/Joint Science and Technology Office and the CBDP.
- Foster coordination and integration with various DTRA Directorates and RD- Departments and external stakeholders.
- Identify technology/program shortfalls or opportunities to accelerate projects and programs to support warfighter CB requirements.
- Assist RD-CB to provide oversight, synchronization, and coordination of applicable portions of the PPBE and acquisition process.
- Work with government on strategic initiatives for drug development, policies, science, pharmaceutical, vaccine /biologics, architecture assurance technologies and all aspects of Chemical-Biological Defense.
- Assist with response to and management of RD- taskings, planning, and execution of Directorate events; preparation and review of staffing packages, and crafting of reports.
- Support RD strategic communications.
- Lead and manage people, including subcontractors and consultants, and the resources to meet customer and contract requirements.
- Recruit and retain high-level talent. Train, educated, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure employee growth and differentiated support to operations.
- Contribute to corporate capture, business development, and proposal operations as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This is a Key Personnel Billet. DTRA J4 Contracting must consent to hiring of candidate.
- Some travel will be required (about 5-10%).
Advanced technical degree (Masters or higher) in science or engineering.
Must have 15 years experience to include DoD (OSD, Joint Staff, Service, Combatant Command, or Agency) or other relevant Federal Agency staff experience (military/civilian).
Must have a general understanding of the DoD acquisition and PPBE Process, and/or S&T portfolio management. Familiarity with DTRA programs and projects preferred.
Ability to establish rapport and work with senior Government, Laboratory and Industry leaders (SES/GO/FO or equivalent).
Experience developing products for DoD, other Federal Agencies, Congress and/or National Security Staff.
Experience formulating, reviewing, and/or implementing strategic level guidance and policy.
Demonstrated experience participating in and building cross-functional teams in complex organizational environments.
Experience formulating and leading process improvement and/or innovation initiatives.
Experience developing program/project performance analysis processes and products.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and supervisory skills.
Must have a very high degree of attention to detail.
Clearance: Top Secret (preferably an ability to obtain SCI Access).
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Defense Acquisition equivalent.
Experience with DTRA or other DoD component S&T programs.
Experience working with Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) or A&AS programs.
Experience, training, and/or knowledge of government contract acquisition process to include source selection procedures, request for proposal development and/or corporate proposal development.
This job was posted on Fri Feb 23 2018 and expired on Wed Mar 28 2018.