Amazon, the Seattle-based online retailer, provides personalized shopping services and direct shipping to customers. The company’s platform, amazon.com, offers a wide range of products including books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and several other products. Amazon’s corporate culture embraces diversity and inclusion. The firm endeavors to find opportunities to train veterans and their spouses and currently counts 21,000 former members of the military on board. Maintaining a pet-friendly working environment, the retailer welcomes Amazonians’ four-legged friends on bring-your-dog-to-work days. You can apply for student programs, fulfillment center career opportunities, as well as remote jobs at Amazon. Job categories include administrative support, business intelligence, data science, legal, human resources, marketing & PR, and several other.
Amazon Imaging builds the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, India and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
As an Imaging Program Manager, you’ll be working with cross-functional teams in multiple geographies and across the company to lead initiatives that focus on operations that create and publish 3D assets. The ideal candidate will possess a strong program management background, demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will be current on technologies with an ability to quickly ramp up on imaging and 3D technologies. You will use data to guide decisions and prioritization, balance business needs versus technical constraints to deliver results, and dive deep to understand areas of standardization and optimization also translating findings to business requirements and project plans.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Own a program road map and deliver projects to achieve program goals
· Apply relevant tools and mechanisms to drive and measure progress
· Partner with various stakeholders including legal, operations, and technology
· Communicate status to all stakeholders including through regular business reviews, and escalate issues when required
· Identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs
· Program management experience.
· Direct experience with 3D imagery and operations in a cross-functional global environment.
· Decisive, confident, and experienced with influencing others; proven track record of driving support for initiatives at all levels of the organization and to audiences of all sizes.
· Decision maker and complex problem solver; a system thinker who proactively gathers the right data from appropriate sources to make the right decisions.
· Excellent communicator both verbally and written with an ability to communicate at all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive).
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Up to 20% travel required.
· Master’s degree in Operations, Business Administration, or a related field.
· Demonstrated high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
· A passion for photography, fashion and design, with expertise in photo processes and 3D technology.
· A passion for innovation and raising the bar in teams, technology and projects.