ABB is a supreme technology company worldwide that quickens the transformation of society and industry to get a more productive and sustainable future. ABB is a Swish- Swedish multinational company. The headquarters of ABB are located in Zurich, Switzerland and Vasteras, Sweden. ABB operates specifically in robotics, power, heavy electrical equipment and automation technology areas. ABB has been a Fortune 500 company worldwide and is ranked 341st in the Fortune Global 500 list of 2018. ABB was founded in 1883 by Ludvig Fredholm. ABB was formed when ASEA and BBC Brown Boveri merged together on August 10, 1987. ABB started expanding in Central and Eastern Europe in the early 1990s. Bjorn Rosengren is the CEO of ABB. ABB enables its customers to generate, transmit and distribute electricity efficiently to increase productivity in commercial and utility operations all around the world. Today, ABB research centres are expanding all over the world and developing ways to power society without consuming the earth.
Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)
Summary: Assists Product Development Engineering by designing and developing new products and concepts using state of the art equipment and software. Plays a key role in the concept, design and final layout & analysis of new innovative products. Duties are accomplished with minimal assistance and supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for setting up new product layouts and concepts
* Understands, recommends and updates all Product Development drawings
* Sets-up, performs, analyzes and interprets all FEA mechanical problems using Cosmos software package
* Provides input, recommends changes and interacts daily with all new product designs
* Capable of taking concepts and prototype designs to full Solid Works layouts and drawings with minimal assistance
* Knowledgeable and proficient in all Solid Works skills and all mathematical functions related to these skills
* Plays a key role in brainstorming new designs and then translating this information into formal related Solid Works design drawings
* Completes all projects in the most proficient method possible
* Continually recommends improvements in all areas related to Solid Works equipment, standards and drawings
* Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees
* Able to interpret industry specifications and their applications related to product design
* Completes all agreed upon yearly objectives
* Capable of lifting up to 35 lbs
* Performs other assignments as requested to contribute to the full and complete operation of the Product Development Department
* Willing and capable of working independently as required
* Capable of adapting to changing requirements, situations, and direction of everyday assignments
* Willing to demonstrate care, concern and enthusiasm for his/her work
* Perseveres to overcome obstacles and is willing to put extra effort to meet the demands of the organization
* Manage priorities with an understanding of Company direction and customer needs
* Demonstrate restraint and control of his/her actions under stressful situations
* Willing to propose new ideas, solutions, and share information for the success of the organization
* Willing to get others (such as superiors, subordinates, and peers) to support different ideas and viewpoints
* Establish effective work relationships with customers and co-workers by generating trust, confidence and credibility
* Work effectively as a member of a team through cooperation and group participation
* Willing to share responsibility for the success/failure of the team
* Willing and capable of resolving differences with others openly and constructively
* Constructively reacts to feedback from superiors, subordinates, customers and peers
* Keeps management informed of positive and negative information that would have significant impact on him/her and/or the organization
* Seeks help and asks for advice when appropriate from peers, supervisors and customers
On-Going Educational Requirements: Maintains proficiency in all relevant disciplines of engineering and latest CAD/Solid Works Programs. Updates skills in non-engineering disciplines as applicable.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals and journals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Strong communication skills including listening, consulting, and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform analysis of data and provide input either graphically or statistically. Accuracy with figures and knowledge of statistical analysis tools such as mean, average, ratios, etc.
Physical Demands: Regularly required to use hands and fingers to input information and provide written communication. Must have mobility to reach various areas of the factory as well as travel to off-site locations. Must be able to communicate verbally. Visual abilities required include the ability read on-screen material and to adjust focus. Capable of lifting up to 35 lbs.
Work Environment: The employee regularly works in a relatively quiet office work environment. The work will involve going into noisy work areas subject to heat and cold and airborne particles.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* 5-8 years' Experience in Engineering
* 10 years of related work experience designing and developing new products
* Experience using a Six Sigma/Gated product development method
* Proficient knowledge of root cause analysis problem solving tools
* Experienced in product design which includes theoretical and practical engineering knowledge to layout and design products with mechanical and electrical specifications and requirements
* Experience with performing and analyzing mechanical FEA product analysis
* Experienced in the design and layout of thermoplastic products with basic knowledge of plastic injection tooling and processes would be desirable but not required
* Proficient knowledge and skill in Pro-E, Solidworks, and FEA analysis software packages
* Proficient knowledge of general office programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
* The following working knowledge is desirable but not required:
1. Metal Forming
3. Power connector design and theory
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-###-####.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-###-#### or by sending an email to ...@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Contract type: Regular/Permanent Business unit: BU Installation Products
Date posted: 2017-10-09 Job function: Research and Development Publication ID: US62681958_E4
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com
Associated topics: ansys, cae, catia, chassis, design, fluid, mechanical engineer, mechanic, msme, turbine