Lubrizol is a company that specializes in providing specialty chemicals for the industrial, transportation, and consumer market. Products include engine oil, lubricants, additives, diesel fuel, and many other products and chemicals. Lubrizol also makes additive for personal care products and pharmaceutical products. Lubrizol was founded in 1928. The headquarter of Lubrizol is in Wickliffe, Ohio. Lubrizol sells its products in more than 100 countries and has more than 8,000 employees worldwide. Lubrizol encourages and promotes diversity in the workforce. Lubrizol offers professional training and development opportunities to its employees. Lubrizol offers market competitive salary and benefits to its employees. Benefits offered by Lubrizol include paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k retirement plan, and various other monetary and non-monetary benefits.
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Senior Regulatory Toxicologist
Are you a top-tier Toxicologist capable of performing hazard and risk evaluations for an industry-leading, specialty chemicals organization?
Can you establish yourself as a trusted technical expert among some of the brightest minds in the world?
Does unlimited growth potential with a multi-national, Berkshire Hathaway Company excite you?
If so, consider joining the Lubrizol Corporation as a Senior Regulatory Toxicologist within our Product Safety & Compliance Department – a trusted and empowered global team responsible for testing all of Lubrizol's wide-ranging products prior to launch. This expertise has played a major role in the Lubrizol becoming an industry-leading, tremendously successful $7B+, global organization.
As a Senior Regulatory Toxicologist, you will be accountable for substantiating the safety of products globally – by performing regulatory toxicology assessments, interpreting global requirements and ensuring our products are safe and our product claims are valid, prior to product launch. This position requires in-depth knowledge of complex toxicology principles and involves application of Lubrizol chemistry knowledge to the requirements of evolving global chemical control laws and product safety assessments.
- Responsible for performing safety assessments for a diverse portfolio of chemicals and ingredients used in countless products developed and marketed by Lubrizol in support of global new chemical notifications, to meet global hazard communication requirements, and to further product stewardship initiatives
- Coordinate and oversee human, environmental, and physical chemical testing projects with 3rd party laboratories including assessment of new data to meet regulatory reporting obligations
- Analyze and interpret test results in preparation for submission to regulatory agencies globally
- Contribute to the development and execution of product defense strategies using toxicology, chemistry, and other scientific disciplines
- Mentor and train other team members on new toxicology or regulatory developments
- Serve as internal expert for toxicology consultation to the hazard communication group, assistance in report writing, literature searches, data gap analysis, product risk assessments, product stewardship initiatives, regulatory dossier preparation, customer correspondence, trade association panel participation, and consulting services for internal businesses
- Toxicology Expert – PhD in Toxicology, Pharmacology, Industrial or Environmental Health Sciences, or related biological science discipline PLUS 10+ years of chemical or industrial toxicology experience
- Influential – technical expert capable of communicating with and influencing non-scientists, business customers and global managers
- Proven success designing, monitoring and interpreting data from human health and environmental toxicology testing programs to evaluate and assess risks
- Knowledge of regulatory and data requirements for global new chemical notification dossiers as well as regulatory initiatives including REACH
- Past participation in industry consortia addressing toxicology and risk characterization of chemicals
Click Here to Learn About all of Our B