RSM US LLP is the U.S. member of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax and consulting firms with more than 43,000 people in over 120 countries. No matter where you are in your educational or professional journey, you can gain experience and explore a future at RSM. Career areas include Audit, Tax, Consulting and Internal Services. There are flexible work options, programs, resources and other benefits that address your needs. When you join the company, you will also be paired with a career advisor who will help you set performance and career goals.
The Senior Scheduler will be responsible for effectively filling resource engagement requests by scheduling and coordinating the assignment of client service staff to engagements to ensure that all engagements are scheduled appropriately, resources are effectively deployed and staff workloads are balanced. The Senior Scheduler will also be responsible for monitoring the utilization of resources, ensuring alignment of resources with the strategic plan, analyzing operational results and promoting the development of staff within their Line of Business and/or market(s). As a member of the Resource Management Team, the Senior Scheduler will be a key contributor to the practice's financial performance by effectively aligning our people resources to our clients' needs with a continual focus on talent development, growth and satisfaction. Position is expected to be able to:
- Make decisions on staffing issues by working with all levels within the engagement team to find solutions for workload balancing and client due dates.
- Act as a resource and point of contact for all department managers to mediate conflicts and resolve resource needs that develop within the area.
- Generate scheduling, utilization and forecasting reports and provide analysis of the data that assists Line of Business leaders in making staffing decisions.
- Monitor schedules daily to ensure staff are effectively utilized to support the achievement of financial plans for the business by reviewing available resources and facilitating necessary adjustments ensuring the alignment of resources based on experience, industry, technical expertise and geography when appropriate.
- Identify trends to proactively balance workloads while increasing utilization.
- Provides various forms of analysis including financial, profitability and exception reporting.
- Monitor productivity, conflicts, leverage, availability, travel and non-charge hours.
- Collaborate with Line of Business leaders and client engagement teams to understand their business needs and drive consistency.
- Ensure compliance with Line of Business leadership's priorities around capacity, client needs/budgets, engagement profitability, growth and staff development.
- Work directly with Career Advisors and staff regarding productivity, training, staffing issues and other concerns.
- Assist in the development and implementation of scheduling process improvements and provide information for short-term and longer term strategic decisions.
- Promote and monitor sharing of resources within the Line of Business and across the firm.
- Communicate with management regarding future needs versus availability, potential staffing issues, and other information to allow the effective deployment of resources.
- Develop, administer and/or participate in scheduling system & process assimilation and orientation programs for incoming hires.
- Facilitate scheduling meetings as needed, including asking questions to ensure clarity when making recommendations and follow-up on unresolved issues in a timely manner that may require rescheduling of projects and/or staff.
- Participate in Regional, office or firm wide projects as directed.
- Proof, edit and check work for completeness, accuracy and formatting. Verify that scheduling, reporting and other related information is current and accurate.
- Utilize, share and develop best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a professional services firm as an Audit/Tax external client server or as a Resource Management professional.
- Strong relationship building, coaching and employee development skills
- Ability to connect at all levels of the organization using diplomatic communication, influence and negotiation skills.
- Outgoing personality and ability to present topics and run meetings in front of management levels, as well as staff levels
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage their own workload and work with multiple locations
- Understands and thrives in a fast pace environment and ability to prioritize work accordingly
- Intermediate to expert Excel skills.
- Ability to travel periodically, as needed (less than 20%)
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.