As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help with development and maintenance efforts of one or more platforms within Core Software Engineering as well assist with any problems or technical risks throughout the projects. The Senior Software Engineer is essential to participating in the gathering and reviewing of business requirements and translating these into functional/technical designs. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for leading POC on new UI framework and build pipeline setup for UI development.
As part of the Core Software Engineering (CSE) team, the Senior Software Engineer is expected to conceptualize software solutions into user-friendly software applications, provide application level architecture designs, and pay close attention to project details. In order to be successful, the Senior Software Engineer should demonstrate innovation, constant learning, self-motivation and effective team participation skills. Good communication and interpersonal skills are required for the Senior Software Engineer. The Senior Software Engineer should demonstrate a willingness to share knowledge, possess excellent listening skills and strong analytical skills. The Senior Software Engineer must be able to work effectively under project and daily deadlines.
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer include:
* Develop detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements
* Use object-oriented techniques and software engineering best practices including design review, code review, unit-testing, and re-factoring
* Participate in the development of code for J2EE software applications
* Researches technical solutions to business problems
* Mentors junior developers on UI development and may lead UI development projects as needed
* Follow agile best practices and maintain/improve the work of the agile team.
* Constantly learn about latest technologies and seek their best use in the products, if possible.
* 10+ years of overall development/related experience
* 2-3 years extensive front end/ UI experience with emphasis on Angular 2 or 4 contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
* Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS
* Knowledge of RESTful application development and design
* Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming, Java best practices, design patterns, system scalability, and performance tuning.
* Solid understanding of Agile software development methodologies.
* Java 1.7/1.8, J2EE, JSF, Web Services, RESTful Web Services
* Spring Framework (and good understanding of Spring Boot)
* MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle
* Angular 2/4
* Liferay 6.2/DXP
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent discipline
Function - IT Development and Client Services
Location_formattedLocationLong:Atlanta, Georgia US
Community / Marketing Title:Senior Software Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Equifax is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.