Middle East Broadcasting Networks is a news organization in North Africa and the Middle East that delivers its content in the Arabic Language. The organization comprises two major television networks - Alhurra-Iraq and Alhurra; Maghreb Voices.com, Sawa radio, Irfaasawtak.com among other social media platforms. Middle East Broadcasting Networks enjoy an audience of over 27.5 million people in a week across the regions. The organization’s mission is to further opinions, ideas, and available perspectives in media across the Middle East and North Africa. The Company’s vision is to provide accurate, objective, and relevant information and news to accurately American policies, Americans, and America. Middle East Broadcasting Networks promotes values of freedom and democracy. When working with the organization, the compensation is always good, and importantly the organization offers a work-life balance. The organization's Employee benefits include vacation policy, retirement benefit, and insurance benefits.The job opportunities are Broadcast Technician, Broadcast Engineer, IT Specialist – TV Broadcasting and many more.
Senior System Administrator
Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. is seeking a Senior System Administrator for our IT team at the Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Senior System Administrator is responsible for providing advanced server and desktop administration, troubleshooting and maintenance support to ensure optimal performance of all hardware, operating systems and software which support MBN's Enterprise and Digital Broadcast Systems. Maintaining current awareness of standard Windows Server Operating Systems and actively researches new technologies. Conducting project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Senior System Administrator include, but are not limited to:
* Advancing Windows server and workstation environment administration and maintenance to ensure optimal performance of hardware and operating systems
* Administrating , maintaining and troubleshooting of virtual environments.
* Active Directory and Exchange administrating, maintaining and troubleshooting
* Advanced Desktop Management Support
* Advanced Application Configuration and Support
* Administrating Server and workstation Security.
* training and assisting junior staff, and mentoring.
* Application Hosting (e.g Email, Deltek, SQL Server, etc.)
* Recommending hardware/software.
* Working with outside vendors to maintain and repair systems & equipment in a timely manner
* Enterprise Backup & Recovery
* Administrating Failover and Recovery
* Administrating Resource Balancing
* Filing servers and printing servers
* Applying servers and databases
* Supporting VoIP, telephone and voice mail; CUCM.
* Supporting Websense.
* Monitoring the network
* Working extended hours and providing on-call support.
Candidates are required to have:
* A Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent experience. Minimum 5 years Senior Systems Administrator experience
* Effective problem analysis and resolution skills
* Desired Programming and Scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, etc).
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
* Understanding of virtual systems and technologies
* Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency in response and follow up communication to end user
* Ability to work well as part of a team and to form liaisons with other groups in order to achieve stated objectives.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly.
* Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.