Vontier will be a global industrial technology company offering critical technical equipment, components, software and services for manufacturing, repair and servicing in the mobility infrastructure industry worldwide. Our Operating Companies supply a wide range of solutions, spanning advanced environmental sensors, fueling equipment, field payment hardware, remote management and workflow software, vehicle tracking and fleet management software solutions for traffic light control and vehicle mechanics' and technicians' equipment. Our products and services are marketed to retail and commercial fueling operators, commercial vehicle repair businesses, municipal governments and public safety entities and fleet owners/operators on a global basis. We operate globally with research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administration operations located in more than 40 countries across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America.
We're committed to shareholder value creation through strong earnings growth, driven by continuous improvement through operating performance of our existing business and acquisitions of new businesses that accelerate our strategy while expanding our portfolio into new and attractive markets.
To accomplish these goals, we use a set of growth, lean and leadership tools and processes, which today are known as the Fortive Business System (FBS), designed to continuously improve business performance in the critical areas of quality, delivery, cost, growth and innovation. Our operating companies utilize the Fortive Business System to develop improvement initiatives in the areas of product development and commercialization of new products and solutions as well as improvements in sales and marketing, supply chain and manufacturing efficiency. All of our efforts are focused on accelerating competitive advantage in our markets.Description:Description
The Senior Tax Manager - State will lead the state and local income and indirect tax accounting, compliance and audit functions. This role will involve centralizing data from several operating companies in order to manage reporting from the corporate parent level.Core Responsibilities:
- Preparation of state income tax provision, including FIN48 reporting
- Manage state income/franchise tax compliance engagement, including preparation of quarterly estimated payments and extensions
- Manage state indirect compliance engagements; sales/use and property
- Strategically manage state tax audits, assessments and appeals
- Drive planning and projects for state and local taxes
- Research and document relevant tax laws in support of tax return positions and tax planning
- Develop a strong understanding of operating company businesses and relationships with key contacts
- Implementation of continuous improvement of tax processes
- Support acquisition SALT integration projects and reporting
Fortive Corporation Overview:Fortive Corporation Overview:
- 10+ years of corporate or public accounting tax experience in state income and indirect tax issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Accounting required, Master's Degree or CPA preferred
- CorpTax software and e-filing experience preferred, tax automation experience a plus
- High level of demonstrated technical proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Successful working independently and as a member of a team
- Strong communication skills and a high sense of ownership
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to travel periodically as needed
Fortive Corporation is a diversified industrial technology company encompassing businesses that are recognized leaders I n attractive markets. The Company's well-known brands hold leading positions in field solutions, transportation technology, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution markets. Fortive's businesses design, develop, service, manufacture and market professional and engineered products, software and services for a variety of end markets, building upon leading brand names, innovative technology and significant market positions. The Company's research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative facilities are located in more than 40 countries across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America.
Fortive is guided by a shared purpose to deliver essential technology for the people who accelerate progress, and is united by a culture of continuous improvement and bias for action that embody the Fortive Business System ("FBS"). Through rigorous application of its proprietary FBS set of growth, lean, and leadership tools and processes, Fortive continuously improves business performance in the critical areas of innovation, product development and commercialization, global supply chain, sales and marketing and leadership development. Fortive's commitment to FBS and goal of creating long-term shareholder value have enabled it to drive customer satisfaction and profitability; significant improvements in innovation, growth and operating margins; and disciplined acquisitions to execute strategy and expand its portfolio into new and attractive markets.
Fortive posted 2018 revenue from continuing operations of $6.5 billion. Sales by geographic destination (geographic destination refers to the geographic area where the final sale to Fortive's customer is made) were: North America 58% (including 56% in the United States), high growth markets 23%, and other regions 5%.