Sallie Mae is a company created with great purpose. We provide loans. But what separates us from any other financial institution is that we have a why. We have a purpose. We make the dream of higher education a reality. We do it by being a resource for families who want to save, plan, and pay for college. Our vision, to be a trusted financial partner, inspires us to explore new ways to serve our customers every day. No matter what position you hold at Sallie Mae, you'll have a role in moving us toward that vision.
Over the last 40 years, Sallie Mae has helped more than 34 million Americans pay for college. The same passion we have for helping customers is applied to helping our employees achieve professional and personal growth. With a wide range of opportunities available, we invite you to join our growing team and help students make their dreams of higher education a reality.
Senior Technology Support Engineer
New Castle - Christiana, DEWho we are:
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want whether that means helping them make college happen, or something more. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills you re in the right place.
What You'll Contribute:
Provide Tier 2 & 3 End user IT support for Sallie Mae employees,
contractors, and vendors. Consult and advise Sallie Mae end users in the
proper use of technology. Ensure accurate and timely responses and
resolutions of all activities related to IT service delivery provided by
the Sallie Mae workstation Team. Ensure that all procedural and inventory
control documentation is kept current and accurate. Assist IT staff and
teams with scheduled project tasks, after hour s maintenance, and testing.
Assist in mentoring and cross training for team members. Participate in the
department on call rotation. Provide coaching and daily operational
oversight of junior team members at the direction of the team lead.What You'll Do:
- Software & Hardware Support, Configuration and Installation
- Manage Service Desk tickets received from users seeking IT assistance to
include but not limited to computers, laptops, thin clients, VDI s,
printers, Phones, end user applications, and computer peripheral devices.
Escalate issues to appropriate individuals or teams within the information
technology division for resolution in a timely fashion.
- Provide end user computing support across multiple time zones in
accordance with Service Desk Procedures. Respond to user requests and
incidents in a timely and effective manner according to SLA s set by
management. Perform customer follow-up on all resolved issues to ensure expected results were
achieved prior to closing tickets. Courteous professional approach and attitude is required to work with all
levels of management and personnel.
- Maintain accurate asset inventory and produces reports upon request.
Utilize asset management tools to identify changes in hardware and software
configurations and monitors assets to ensure asset policy compliance.
- Attend scheduled IT training throughout the year. Some training my
- Utilize Microsoft SCCM for software delivery, imaging, remote access and
- Assist in identifying trends by tracking events and patterns of
recurring problems to identify root causes and mitigate future issues
surrounding the same structural problems.
- Provide tier 1 telecom, networking, and call recording support
Add/remove extensions, basic phone troubleshooting, and hardware
- Coordinate and test applications with ECCAM team for enterprise-level
- Extend hardware lifecycles by routine maintenance such as reimaging, and
part replacement in effort to reduce capital expenditure.
- Provide tier 1 Citrix VDI support includes ticket resolution.
Escalation and partnership with tier 2 as required.
- Assist in maintaining proper software license levels and requirements.
- Additional Activities
- Provide off-hours/weekend testing coverage at the request of Sallie Mae
IT such as the storage, network, telecom, InfoSec teams.
- Serve as a point of contact and assist different groups in hands on work
including but not limited to: Network, project, telecom, server, and
- Assist with ticket balancing across the team and acts as an escalation
point for the workstation team. Travels to other sites when help is needed.
- Participate in team meetings, routinely provide agenda items to discuss
at meetings, and provide responses during meetings as needed.
What You Bring:
- Learn and maintain adequate technical skills to maximize first call
- Maintain hardware certifications as required ie. Dell, HP.
- Utilize company offered training sessions and/or CBT training.
- Skill Mentoring/Coaching of junior team members.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of IT support in a call center environment supporting 250
or more users and experience in the following:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and or 10 OS s
- Microsoft Office including Microsoft O365
- Tier 2 & 3 PC hardware and peripheral troubleshooting or fault
- Remote Desktop Client and Remote Assistance technologies
- Software application support
- Voice and data communication cabling and equipment
- Citrix shared and persistent Desktops support
- 2 or more years experience with Mac Hardware and OS s
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to adapt, embrace and support change in the infrastructure and
- Ability to apply appropriate technical/functional knowledge to work
What You'll Get at Sallie Mae:
- 3+ years of network, telecom, windows server, storage, Citrix or
- Familiar with how to use Wireshark, Fiddler or other similar networking
- 2+ years in a Sr level or higher IT end user support
- Comprehensive Compensation and Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision plans)
- Financial Well-being: 401(k) company match, employee stock purchase plan, and basic life insurance and short-term disability are provided to employees at no cost
- Work/Life Balance: Paid time off, time off to volunteer, and tuition reimbursement. In addition, after 6 months of employment, primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of 100% fully paid time off and secondary caregivers are eligible for 4 weeks of 100% fully paid time off, for birth or adoption
- Wellness: Fitness centers/gym subsidies, free Fitbits with step challenges, and wellness education
Associated topics: bsee, cellular, dsp, electric, electrical, electrical engineer, msee, renewable, rf, signal processing