The SVP of Digital Strategy is an opportunity with a leading DC agency that focuses on mission-based campaigns and initiatives. This is a senior level leadership role where digital expertise and leadership and operational knowledge and strength come together to continue the growth of the digital practice for the firm.
- Acts with commitment & accountability: Thoroughly grasps our clients’ issues and causes; puts clients’ interests at the heart of decision making; shows strong understanding of communications and advertising strategies; dedicates oneself to producing high quality work and continually seeks ways to improve; looks out for the interests of the firm.
- Values and encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation: Shares information, ideas, and contacts; respects and solicits the expertise of colleagues; is open minded and resourceful; seeks meaningful insights and proactively contributes original ideas; encourages constructive debate.
- Displays maturity, judgment and integrity: Treats colleagues and clients with trust and respect; acts transparently in dealings; maintains confidentiality of client and firm information; strives to remain poised and tactful under pressure; recognizes personal strengths and limitations and is receptive to feedback; gathers the facts and gives colleagues and clients the benefit of the doubt versus rushing to judgment; adheres to firm policies.
- Demonstrates a solutions-oriented spirit: Works to problem solve and offers creative solutions to challenges; focuses on the significant issues, anticipates potential problems, and proactively devises workable solutions; evaluates challenges and decisions within the big picture.
- Fosters an inclusive atmosphere and seeks diversity: Believes diversity is fundamental to the culture and success of the firm; respects and embraces differences; seeks alternate points of view.
- Seeks opportunities to learn and grow: Shows interest and enthusiasm for continuous learning; notices, adapts and learns from change; serves as a thought leader to colleagues and clients.
- Embraces team work and team building: Taps into team members’ strengths and empowers them to maximize their talents; pitches in where needed to get the job done well; mentors colleagues through ongoing feedback and recognition; provides clear vision and expectations to the team.
The SVP, Digital Strategy will lead the Firm’s digital and social strategy across all platforms and collaborate closely with our account, creative and media teams across the firm. S/he will lead a team of digital strategists and technologists in continuing to offer innovative digital solutions to our clients.
- Collaborate with the Firm’s leadership to shape the future of our digital offerings
- Engage deeply in the Firm’s business as a senior counselor to our clients
- Play a key strategic and executional role in new business efforts
- Manage two Directors and lead a team of digital strategists and technologists
- Oversee the Firm’s internal digital strategy and channels
- Evolve and accelerate the Firm’s digital offerings in response to changing market trends and consumer behavior
- Educate colleagues and clients about emerging trends, platforms and best practices
- Define process, tools and resources needed to execute against the Firm’s digital offering
- Promote digital best practices and overall department and Firm implementation
- Engage as an industry thought leader, both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience; direct leadership and management of a large digital operation preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of management experience
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional leadership team
- Experience in agency, client services organization required
- Political and issues advocacy experience preferred