Whole Foods Market, the Austin, Texas-based supermarket chain markets products free from hydrogenated fats and artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. Backed by quality as a state of mind, Whole Foods Market’s mission is to nourish people and the planet. The purpose-driven company strives to meet or exceed customers’ expectations, celebrates each community through employment and investment in local non-profits, and a conscious commitment to local producers. If you are ready to move your career forward with Whole Foods Market, you will receive comprehensive training and support on your career paths. Whole Foods Market understands that success is dependent upon the collective energy, intelligence, and contributions of its team, therefore the firm supports its associates with competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. If you join the team, you can benefit from perks including health, dental and vision insurance, mental healthcare coverage, volunteering options, PTO, 401(k), 20% in-store discount, and several other.
This position is a full time (40 hour) Help Desk Technician role responsible for providing End User support through phone and web portal requests.
- Analyses call trends and types to identify training needs
- Develops, communicates and hosts training materials
- Conducts successful training in a friendly/timely manner
- Knowledgeable on current, relevant technologies, news, and standards
- Works closely with users from various departments to support the organization
- Measures training, project and any other initiatives with predetermined measures of success
- Actively communicates with Global Help Desk team members and various leadership teams
- Takes part in an after-hours on call rotation/support phone calls and incidents as needed
- Resource for Help Desk, providing real-time guidance to technicians to support customers
- Supports leadership in monitoring the queue, insuring agent availability, and investigating escalations
- 1-3 years of technical support experience in an enterprise scale technology environment
- 1-3 years of experience supporting Active Directory and Exchange administration
- 1-3 years of experience supporting Windows XP, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- 1-3 years of experience supporting workstation and desktop systems.
- A+ certificate highly preferred
- College degree in a technical field preferred, experience may substitute for education
- Strong analytic capability and organizational skills.
- Strong skills in PowerShell and scripting
- Clear communication and willingness to relate to others, to listen and hear concerns in a patient and supportive manner
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert problem-solver, able to accurately diagnose issues and repair systems.
- Independent work ethic to carry projects through to completion and implement solutions without constant supervision; ability and desire to explore and learn new technologies to support our mission and enhance our business.
- Experience working in a blended environment: Macs on a Windows network running Active Directory authentication and Outlook integration.
- Team player attitude, patience, understanding, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.