Badger Meter is a Utilities company headquartered in Milwaukee, WI . The company specializes in Flow Measurement & Control Solutions, Water Quality, and Data & Analytics. Their products are durable and accurate. The company is helping customers to protect the world's most important resource. The company has a variety of measuring products. The company provides innovative ideas to save water. It is also a great place to build a career. There are many career building opportunities available in the company. The company provides a healthy working environment to their employees. The company provides competitive benefits to their employees . They offer medical,dental and vision insurance and 401k plans.
WHY BADGER METER?
ARE YOU LOOKING TO JOIN A DYNAMIC TEAM WHERE YOU HAVE THE AUTONOMY AND CHALLENGE THAT LETS YOU LEARN AND GROW YOUR CAREER? ARE YOU ENERGIZED WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS MATTER AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN BUSINESS SUCCESS? IF YES, THEN BADGER METER MAY BE A GREAT PLACE FOR YOU!
FOR MORE THAN 110 YEARS, BADGER METER HAS PROVIDED STRONG, STABLE FINANCIAL GROWTH, IN TURN PROVIDING EMPLOYEES WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD LONG, SUCCESSFUL CAREERS. AS A LEADING MANUFACTURER OF FLOW MEASUREMENT TECHNOLOGY, BADGER METER OFFERS MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO MEASURE WHAT MATTERS IN PROTECTING THE WORLD S WATER AND OTHER PRECIOUS RESOURCES. OUR COMPANY IS LARGE ENOUGH TO CONTINUALLY DRIVE MARKET INNOVATION, ALL WHILE WE MAINTAIN A COLLABORATIVE AND FLEXIBLE WORKING ATMOSPHERE.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of hourly employees in multiple manufacturing departments to assure the most efficient and economical performance of the operations in accordance with quality standards and production schedules. Primary areas of responsibilities include assembly operations, plastic injection molding, machining, manufacturing cells, final meter accuracy testing, and packaging.
* Provides supervision of hourly shift employees in a high volume, high product variation environment to meet both short term and long term production objectives.
* Responsible for communicating and transferring knowledge to direct reports for training purposes.
* Communicate daily with appropriate managers and pier group on overall operating conditions and make recommendations to improve procedures, methods, and techniques.
* Communicate regularly with direct reports to provide goals and objective of the operations
* Utilizes operational metrics and an on the floor presence approach to maintain surveillance over manufacturing operations to assure scheduled workflow, utilization of manpower skills, machines, tooling methods, and machine repairs. Audit labor and machine reporting regularly for accuracy and efficiency to standard production methods, rates and schedules.
* Able to utilize various manufacturing software programs and systems for materials management, shop floor scheduling, packaging, and equipment operation.
* Helps develop and implement operational solutions utilizing lean manufacturing methods in a team environment. Identify, investigate, and analyze problems related to materials, quality, equipment, methods, tools, etc., and initiate corrective action to resolve such problems in a timely and efficient method.
* Ensures compliance with safety regulations, company policies, and labor contract provisions and administers disciplinary action when necessary. Ensures the adherence to all applicable safety procedures, proper utilization of safety equipment, housekeeping methods, and is on alert for the development of hazardous conditions. Must be familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets.
* Conduct appraisal of employee performance, attendance, and recommend wage adjustments, promotions, etc.
* Develop and implement training programs for new and existing employees to ensure a flexible workforce.
* Review security problems with the Security Guard. React to normal operational and facility problems (snowplowing, power outages, etc.)
* 5 or more years of experience in a production lead or supervisory role
* Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school
* Understands computer based equipment to ensure the accurate and efficient performance
* Must have or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid training.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the EEO is the Law poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Badger Meter is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.