Job Title: Skating Instructor
Department: Oakland Ice Center Operated by Sharks Ice
Reports To: Skating Director
Scope and Nature of Role
To teach the technical aspect of skating and to ensure that ice skating in the Sharks Ice Facilities is enjoyable and rewarding for all.
- Prepare and keep class attendance records up to date.
- Be familiar with all maneuvers taught at each level of Sharks Ice curriculum.
- Be familiar with all maneuvers taught at each level of the ISI program.
- Decide which maneuvers to be taught and reviewed.
- Be prompt and on time for assigned classes.
- Assist with class lesson set up including getting out teaching aids.
- Meet and exceed customer expectation. Classes should be fun friendly and organized.
- Keep skaters active and vary maneuvers.
- Ensure all students receive equal amount of instruction.
- Supervise and play games with music during practice times.
- Develop social skills. Meet with parents and discuss students progress
- Keep students and parents informed of skating competitions and activities.
- Promote ISI testing keep students and parents informed of test sessions
- Assist with rental skates, check new students for proper fit of skates.
- Assist all facility personnel during peak hours and special events.
- Prepare and turn in payroll sheets on time.
- Prepare class certificates and progress reports
- Recommend class level for re-enrollment.
- Encourage new enrollment and promote re-enrollment.
- Keep up to date with the latest skating rules and trends.
- If you are missing a class, notify the skating director via e-mail, find a substitute, and tell your students who will be teaching them.
- Promote Pro Shop.
- Follow all rink rules, policies and procedures.
- Know emergency procedures for equipment and evacuation of building.
- Must be available/flexible to work all class lesson days and times.
- To maintain instructor status, the minimum of two weekdays starting at 5:15 pm or one weekday starting at 5:15 pm and Saturday 9:45 am
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Posses a record of high achievement as an ice skater or a coach in Figure Skating, Hockey, Speed Skating or Dance.
- Able to work well with youth, adults and has positive relationships with customers.
- Good working knowledge of ISI (Ice Sports Industry) programs and other skating clubs and organizations.
- Requires long periods of ice skating and standing on skates giving instruction.