JM Family Enterprises is a privately held company with $16 billion in revenue and more than 4,200 associates. It was founded by Jim Moran in 1968 and has a strong culture and core values. JM Family is in the business of helping others succeed and is investing in the companies, associates, and communities. The family of the company includes Southeast Toyota Distributors, JM&A, World Omni Financial Corp, and JM Lexus. JM Family has earned various awards for its culture, products, and services and served 23 years with Fortune's 100 Best Companies. JM Family is driven by exceptional Customer service as the employees of the company are reserve 24/7 in solving clients' problems.
Datascan is a provider of wholesale and audit intelligence in the automotive industry. Datascan’s solutions are the most comprehensive in the industry, providing banks, independent finance companies, and captive financial institutions with clarity critical to their success – helping them manage risk while increasing productivity and profits. All of our solutions are web-based and delivered from our state-of-the-art DataScan-managed data centers.
We are a software development team that provides both new functionality and updates existing features per requirements defined by product management and driven by our customers. Our team is evolving our product to provide distributed services for both internal consumption and external uses. We are looking for a Lead Developer who will bring original thinking to build upon and enhance our current approaches to providing our clients strong technical solutions, with an emphasis on building high quality, maintainable code and bringing innovative technical ideas to the team.
The ideal candidate for the Lead-Level full stack Developer position will apply advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex technology and business issues. The candidate will have extraordinary attention to detail and excellent technical and communication skills. He/she will possess the desire and ability to develop and own technical and functional knowledge of application components.
- Leads multiple project teams of other software applications engineers responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with application design and development guidelines, standards, and security vulnerabilities; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software applications design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced associates.
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual contributors, managers, product managers, and directors.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and criteria for achieving objectives.
Skills And Qualifications:
- Experience with Java or .NET, Angular or React, SQL, & Unix
- Proven experience in creating RESTful APIs.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented software design using UML, data modeling and architectural abstractions.
- Solid understanding of and ability to apply software design patterns.
- Strong desire to write testable software, and a solid mindset of unit testing the code that is produced.
- Experience working on highly scalable client-facing application development.
- Enterprise software application development with excellent knowledge of distributed computing (Java EE, Spring, ORM tools etc.) and security systems.
- Proven experience with the implementation and deployment of complex software projects across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Proven experience in optimizing and troubleshooting complex solutions running on an application server (e.g. WebLogic, Websphere, Jboss, IIS etc.).
- Experience leading, managing and coordinating technical aspects of a large project.
- Experience troubleshooting live systems in production.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proactively raise concerns and take initiative to get the right people involved to bring issues to resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good team player.
- Experience with Spring Boot a plus.
- Experience with .NET core a plus.
- Experience developing microservices a plus.
- Experience with cloud development a plus.
- Experience with Docker a plus.
- Experience designing and building financial software and accounting systems a plus.
- Bachelor Science degree required, MS degree preferred.
- 6+ years experience with Java and or .NET
- 5+ years experience with modern web applications: API development, self-contained services, service discovery, circuit breaking patterns, JSON and HAL.
- 5+ years experience with Integration Technology: RESTful web
- 5+ years SQL, RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- 4+ years experience with Application Servers (e.g. WebLogic/WebSphere/JBoss/Tomcat/.NET)
- 4+ years experience with REST API development tools such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, JAX-RS
- 4+ years experience with Hibernate, Spring Data or other ORM tools
- 3+ years experience Common Utilities and Testing Tools: JUnit, Log4J, Ant, Maven
- More than 1 year experience with Security Frameworks: LDAP, JAAS authentication, Spring Security, OpenAM etc.