Broadcom Corporation is a semiconductor firm that makes products for the broadband and wireless communication industry. The firm offers filters, amplifiers, cable modems, storage adapters, networking processors, controllers, motion control encoders, fiber optic modules, optocouplers, and optical sensors products. Avago Technologies acquired Broadcom Corporation in 2016. The company now operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Broadcom Inc. Henry Samueli and Henry Nicholas founded Broadcom Corporation in 1991, and its headquarter is located in Irvine, California, United States. The company is focused on technology, semiconductor, and infrastructure software solutions. Broadcom Corporation combines engineering depth, global scale, broad product portfolio diversity, excellent execution, and operational focus to deliver semiconductor and software solutions to help its customers' business grow successfully in a constantly changing environment. The company provides healthcare benefits, paid vacations, and other benefits to its employees.
1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Broadcom Inc. is a global technology leader that designs, develops and supplies a broad range of semiconductor and infrastructure software solutions. Broadcom’s category-leading product portfolio serves critical markets including data center, networking, software, broadband, wireless, storage and industrial. Our solutions include data center networking and storage, enterprise and mainframe software focused on automation, monitoring and security, smartphone components, telecoms and factory automation.
Broadcom is seeking a highly experience Linux Device Driver Engineer with strong device driver experience across a multitude of networking Asics and SoCs. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background including working with the Linux upstream community and demonstrated experience in device driver design and development specifically in a networking context. This position is located in Irvine, CA.
- Assist in estimating project tasks and schedules.
- Lead in coordinating other engineers on certain activities to achieve task completion.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Introduce or define new technology for engineering as needed.
- Work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Translate customer requirements to engineering specifications.
- Coordinate tasks with QA and firmware teams to meet task objectives.
- Can perform software tradeoff analyses and in many circumstances determine whether a design should be implemented in software or firmware.
- Coordinate with hardware and firmware design engineers to provide effective system solutions.
- Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in discipline to determine good match between design requirement intended function and engineering implementation or methodology.
- Translate system level specifications to module level specifications.
- Assist in test plans for product verification. Assist test department and/or manufacturing for production test process/procedures creation.
- Understand and translate industry engineering standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency in discipline to complete tasks independently.
- Successfully deliver high quality software features on-time to Linux upstream distribution partners.
- Design software to meet intended requirements with an understanding of schedule vs design tradeoffs.
- Ensure product conforms to requirements by following established procedure and design standards.
- Verify software created or defined by developing and conducting tests to ensure specifications are met.
- Ensure completion of all documentation required for production introduction.
- Lead and own to completion fixes to software from external partner and customer escalations.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 20% on demand for high profile customer integration and escalation events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineer, Computer Science or Electrical Engineer (MS preferred)
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience with device drivers and hardware interfaces.
- 10+ years of experience of in-depth kernel level operating system concepts.
- 7+ years of Linux, VMware, or FreeBSD device driver development.
- 10+ years of experience with C and C++ programming skills.
- Must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 5+ years of experience with protocol debug using Ethernet traffic analyzers
- Some experience using low-level bus traffic analyzers (i.e., PCIe)
If you have what it takes to be a senior leader in the CCX (Compute and Connectivity) division, please apply to join our team today.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.