We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on our recently launched, Information Builders Cloud. As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design and build cloud-ready applications, leveraging a wide range of technologies including API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis, AI and others.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Design, develop, and maintain large scale applications in the cloud focusing on performance, scalability and stability
- Integrate IBI systems with cloud services for scale, storage, persistence, identity, security, etc.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements, and identify opportunities to improve business processes through software automation
- Participate in Agile development
- Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like APIGateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS, leveraging new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
As an ideal candidate, you should have:
- BS level technical degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Good experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
A major plus if you have:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect or consultant working with various platforms
- Architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
- Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
- Continuous Integration (CI) tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Configuration Management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
Information Builders helps organizations transform data into business value. Our software solutions for business intelligence and analytics, integration, and data integrity empower people to make smarter decisions, strengthen customer relationships, and drive growth. Our dedication to customer success is unmatched in the industry. That's why thousands of leading organizations rely on Information Builders to be their trusted partner. Founded in 1975, Information Builders is headquartered in New York City, with offices around the world, and remains one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry.
Information Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
#LI-LO1 - provided by Dice