Altamira Technologies has a long and successful history providing innovative solutions throughout the U.S. National Security community. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Altamira serves the defense, intelligence and homeland security communities worldwide by focusing on creating innovative solutions leveraging common standards in architecture, data and security. Altamira believes that our people and the culture of our company differentiate us from other companies. We focus on recruiting talented, self-motivated employees that strive to find a way to get things done. Join our team of experts as we engineer national security!
Altamira needs a Splunk Engineer with insatiable curiosity to join a high-performing team to address critical national security challenges. As the Splunk Engineer, you will gather requirements for development of Splunk to support global Network Operations Centers. You will influence and determine how best to use this Enterprise tool to deliver operational analytics for end to end insights across the sponsor’s infrastructure. You will drive strategy to determine how the team can report and display faults, events, capacity, configurations and security in support of addressing real-time proactive response to incident and problem management as well as for gathering actionable trend analysis. You will be well versed in Splunk technology and be a seasoned Splunk Administrator with knowledge of distributed search, index clustering and search head clustering. You will be able to develop content within Splunk and be very familiar with the Splunk Common Information Model (CIM) and the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework. This includes simple XML, advanced XML and HTML dashboards. You will be heavily involved in the day-to-day management and custom content development on a large-scale deployment along with continuous care and feeding and improvements.
In addition, you must
have excellent communication and written skills and be able to work with other technology experts, ensuring proper integration between systems.Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements, design, support and maintain Splunk production-quality dashboards.
- Standardized Splunk agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of network, UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Capture metrics on Splunk alerts.
- Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues.
- Develops new Splunk requirements that are continually incorporated into baseline tools/applications.
- Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards.
- Build Splunk apps from ground up for Splunk to interact with 3rd party software/hardware.
- Solve complex Splunk Integration challenges.
- Debug complex Splunk configuration issues.
- Mentor and train Splunk users and administrators.
- Participate as an escalation point for 24x7 operations support for Splunk.
- Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization.
- Design core Systems performance and troubleshooting logs.
- Communicate with peers and supervisors routinely, document work, meetings, and decisions.
- Support Splunk on network devices, Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms.
- Design solutions and concepts for data aggregation and visualization.
- Splunk deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of network devices, UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms.
- Populate Splunk from 3rd party data sources (i.e. bash/python scripts/SQL DB/APIs).
- Develop reliable, efficient queries that will feed custom Alert, Dashboards and Reports.
- Design and maintain production-quality dashboards.
- Participate in design discussions and author design documentation.
- Map design artifacts to system requirements.
- Troubleshoot Splunk server problems and issues.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Active/current TS/SCI with Poly.
- Demonstrated background and experience in Splunk development and management.
- Broad industry knowledge of application monitoring and event management.
- Understanding of cloud-computing concepts.
- 10-15 years of experience as an Application Security Developer, Application Security Analyst, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience using Splunk in a 24x7 environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Understanding of Network Firewalls, Load-balancers, and complex network designs.
- Basic understanding of AIX, Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience in using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data.
- Experience customizing applications and dashboards.
- Working understanding of Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Familiarity with Java-based server applications & logging frameworks.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to aggressively pursue Splunk and industry certifications.
Altamira is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.Altamira offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Healthy Living Credit
- Paid Time Off
- Parental/Military/Administrative Leave