Cushman & Wakefield is a global leader in commercial real estate services, helping clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. The firm’s 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries provide deep local and global insights that create significant value for occupiers and investors around the world. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenues of $5 billion across core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services (branded C&W Services), global occupier services, investment management (branded DTZ Investors), project & development services, tenant representation and valuation & advisory. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
Spring Research Intern
Job Description Summary
The internship is designed for results-oriented and entrepreneurial candidates with a strong academic background, preferably in business or real estate. Applicants should be self-motivated, creative, disciplined and exhibit a demonstrated interest in the commercial real estate industry.
The internship will provide a candidate an opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge about the Commercial Real Estate industry while assisting the Cushman & Wakefield Research Department with daily tasks and special projects.
Research Intern MUST be able to work locally in San Diego for a minimum of 20 hours per week (28 hours max).
- Conduct company, property and industry-specific research
- Manage and update market data and prospects in an internal tracking database
- Assists our research team with quarterly reporting on office, industrial, retail, multi-family, and capital markets
- Assist in developing and preparing marketing and presentation materials
- Track local and regional activity, e.g., economy, employment statistics, major company activity, industry trends and demographics that affect the local real estate market
- Contribute to special projects in support of business development
- Provide ongoing support with current deals, including market surveys, proposal reviews and summaries, lease reviews, financial analysis
- Complete special projects as needed
- Must be able to work locally to San Diego for a minimum of 20 hours (28 hours/week max)
- Desire to work in the commercial real estate industry
- Current college student in pursuit of a bachelors degree
- High proficiency with MS Office with preferred experience in Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high initiative, flexibility, and team approach to work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Legal work authorization without sponsorship
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.