Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community locally and globally. Collaboration among our institutions and health care professionals is central to our efforts to advance our mission.
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Sr. Clinical Business Analyst reports to the Clinical Business Analyst Manager or Lead and is responsible for eliciting business requirements, executing user acceptance testing, and providing end user support to Epic users. She/he is responsible for evaluating and documenting existing business processes and recommending and initiating optimization efforts by re-engineering business processes accordingly.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support and educate end users with Epic clinical and complementary applications
* Answer end user "how-to" questions
* Understand user requirements; translate them to functional requirements and assist end user with Epic request submissions
* Identify and resolve issues, and facilitate appropriate escalation for timely resolution
* Participate in regular team meetings to discuss team and project/program related activities, issues, changes, and communications as needed
* Provide service to users, according to the defined service level agreements Adhere to recognized project management tools and methodologies
* Review and recommend best practices for business analysis, training and end user support functions
* Motivate junior team members for success and give recognition for results
* Assist leadership in resource planning efforts for both project/program and support activities
* Analyze business processes to ensure accurate system configuration
* Document and analyze business processes and drive business process improvement workflows
* Communicate status on various project/program efforts to leadership, internal stakeholders and manage expectations
* Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
* Submit specifications create, and run reports as needed using tools such as Workbench
* Execute end user training as Credentialed Trainer
* Act as liaison between hospital end users and Partners eCare teams
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, IT, Healthcare, or related required; Master's Degree Preferred
* Must have 8 years of healthcare IT experience with a knowledge of clinical systems
* A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
* Epic Certification desired or must obtain Epic training as outlined by program requirement
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
* Demonstrated experience in end user management, preferably in a healthcare setting
* Deep knowledge and understanding of Clinical workflows
* Ability to effectively translate business requirements to functional requirements
* Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel
* Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills
* Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal including departmental and clinical user meetings
* Ability to lead and facilitate large working sessions with all levels of staff
* Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
* Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds an levels within and external to the organization