Under general direction, the successful candidate will perform multiple work assignments including: configuring, testing, documenting, and implementing systems and/or software. In addition, this individual will apply project and consulting methods and processes. Further, this person will be instrumental in determining work priorities in accordance with project plans, project schedules, changing work demands and Services policies and practices and will escalate as appropriate.
* Our consultants apply analytical and technical thinking within areas of assigned responsibility and resolve routine client issues and challenges by identifying possible alternatives, and providing recommendations. In addition, they will be asked to research software implementation issues and provide detail and preliminary recommendations to their project lead (or designated representative).
* Members of the Services team assist the entire Deltek consulting team in ensuring client requirements are met by actively soliciting, identifying, and responding to customer questions and assisting with issue resolution. We expect that our consultants take ownership of assigned issues and follows through on commitments.
* This individual will work collaboratively and build relationships with other consultants, customer staff, and third-party consultants.
* Candidates will work with new and diverse clients and can quickly establish credibility by listening, troubleshooting, presenting solutions and delivering on commitments.
* Consultants employ effective project management techniques; apply company methodology, enforce standards, minimize exposure to risk and ensure completion of projects
* This position requires communication of relevant project information to appropriate parties, to resolve or escalate issues in a timely fashion
* Candidates will deliver group and individual instruction and training covering a range of technical, operational, and/or management areas in a specified field
* Candidates will develop training curricula and recommendations, utilizing vendor programs and meeting instructional goals and objectives
* Candidates will formulate training outlines and determining instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops
* Candidates will select or develop training aids including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works
* Candidates will coordinate administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs
* Able to work with general direction but promotes an open flow of information
* Takes initiative to achieve value-added results within scope of responsibility
* Experience mapping and documenting processes or workflows
Education and Experience:
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field/area
* B.A./B.S. or equivalent work experience or technical and/or product knowledge comparable to four-year degree in a related area
* Experienced with all aspects of Microsoft Office products
* Prior travel-related experience preferred
* Experience with at least one of the following areas: SAP, BAAN, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, Timberline, Jamis, JD Edwards, Solomon, Lawson, Costpoint, Deltek Products
* Experience with one or more of the following areas: Cost Accounting, Project Accounting, FAR/CAS, Incurred Cost Submissions, ERP Consultant, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, CPA and MBA preferred, Aerospace, Defense, R&D, Engineering, Aeronautics, Agency industry, Architecture Industry, Construction Industry
* Ability to travel up to 80% of the time by various conveyances, e.g. air, rail, automobile
Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services, management and IT consulting, architecture and engineering, marketing and advertising agencies, government contractors and other project-based businesses. More than 23,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources and streamline operations. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.
For more information, visit www.deltek.com.
Deltek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.