CA Technologies, formerly known as Computer Associates International, Inc. and CA, Inc., is one of the largest independent software corporations in the world. CA for short, is an American, multinational, publicly held company headquartered in New York City. The company creates systems software (and previously applications software) that runs in mainframe, distributed computing, virtual machine and cloud computing environments.
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It?s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
* Sr. Director, Sales ? Account Management*
* Are you ready for the best work of your life?*
This position is responsible to plan, execute, monitor, and direct a sales team's performance and resource allocation needs within a specified geographic territory. This involves ensuring the team achieves sales revenue targets and drives new business, builds customer loyalty, ensures high product retention rates, and supports and promotes CA strategy and initiatives. In addition, this position supports and/or develops executive-level relationships with key business leaders in CA's targeted market.
* Key Responsibilities*
Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for CA and its customers which will be measured across five primary areas:
* * Customer Focus:* Oversee optimization of the overall customer experience across the assigned territory
* * Financial Targets:* Ensure staff meets or exceeds CA's stated financial quotas and targets
* * Internal Business Processes:* Demonstrate mastery with CA's internal processes, systems and support structure
* * Professional Development:* Demonstrate high-level proficiency and skill
* * Leadership, Teamwork and Planning:* Collaborate with, mobilize, and effectively run virtual team(s)
* Customer Focus*
* Direct sales staff to create, maintain and execute a sales business plan with goals and objectives, based on competitive landscape and opportunity, customer needs, and CA's strategic direction.
* Hold sales revenue quota for one or more routes to market or business models for a defined territory.
* Drive direct sales revenue across one or more assigned routes to market or business models.
* Develop competency in direct sales and application of CA's technology and strategies.
* Participate in defining direct sales strategy to increase customer breadth in retail, commercial and enterprise space.
* Conduct quarterly business reviews and planning sessions with customers.
* Hold regular team meetings, and one-on-one meetings with direct reports, to ensure that operational areas support the direct sales business.
* Provide regular pipeline forecasts and business health checks to senior sales management.
* Regularly meet with direct reports to review the health of the business.
* Work with Field Marketing, Brand Management and Brand Marketing to identify opportunities supporting CA's strategy.
* Work collaboratively with counterparts in Inside Sales and R&D to ensure Partner satisfaction and near-100% customer retention rates.
* Work with sales team to gather data, operational and quality-related problems. Escalate to appropriate departments to ensure that appropriate remedial action is taken.
* Ensure thorough resources, planning and time management is in place so that existing opportunities are properly staffed and has scale and skill sets to support sales opportunities.
* Help team members build and maintain relationships with key executives and decision makers, taking the lead as necessary.
* Build long-term partnerships and trust.
* Prioritize efforts to pursue the most pervasive customer needs that CA can successfully address within assigned territory.
* Understand and navigate customer's buying process and procurement policies through distribution.
* Measure and communicate value delivered to customer to ensure strength of relationship.
* Understand CA's vision, strategy and key customer initiatives (for example: SupportConnect, Product Advisory Councils and Beta Programs, etc.); support sales teams to ensure that customers are consistently kept informed.
* Understand and address customer survey results/trending and respond to changing customer needs.
* Support sales teams by participation in customer meetings as needed.
* Engage internal resources within CA, and/or within the sales organization, as needed, to ensure end-customer satisfaction.
* Marshall and lead the appropriate internal technical resources to demonstrate CA's advantages to the customer.
* Evaluate program trends and provides analysis and recommendations to management.
* Financial Targets*
* Ensure the team meets or exceeds the team's stated financial targets.
* Create, maintain and manage to plans to meet or exceed financial targets.
* Direct, measure and accurately predict financial outcomes.
* Direct territory-wide opportunities and transactions to ensure balance, long-term stability and sustainability of book-of-business.
* Analyze financial and performance metrics to plan for optimum performance efficiency and financial return.
* Show a level of consistency in meeting financial targets that would demonstrate a higher level of management responsibility.
* Internal Business Processes*
* Demonstrate mastery CA's approved methods and processes for:
o Territory Planning
o Account Planning
o Opportunity Planning
o Lead to Quote
o Quarterly Business Reviews
o Performance Management
o Need-based Sales Methodology
o Review and Approval Processes
* Ensure adherence to, and be regarded as an exemplary role model for CA's Core Values, Code of Conduct, Ethics and compliance requirements.
* Explain and consistently enforce directives from senior management.
* Ensure staff understands corporate policies and procedures.
* Ensure that proper security measures are applied and followed at all times.
* Enforce corporate policy with respect to equal employment opportunity, non-discrimination and other related policies.
Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position.
* Preferred Education*
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Marketing, Information Technology, a business discipline or related field. An MBA or relevant graduate degree is preferred.
* Work Experience*
Typically 12 years of sales experience in the IT or related industry. Proven track record of effectively and successfully managing a large, geographically dispersed sales team's performance a plus.
* Skills & Competencies*
* Key Competencies include:*
* * Customer Focus:* Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect.
* * Knowledge and Application of CA's Solution Sets:* Possesses in-depth knowledge of and completely understands CA's products and range of solution sets, how to identify the best possible solutions to meet customers' business needs and how to appropriately position CA solutions with customers.
* * Territory Management:* Direct territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
* * Effective Communication:* Deliver outstanding oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
* * Industry Knowledge:* Possess in-depth knowledge of given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
* * Effective Selling:* Ensure staff utilizes solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leveraging mastery of sales best practices and CA's sales methodology.
* * Business Acumen:* Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
* * Financial Acumen:* Use in-depth financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; know how financial decisions impact business success.
* Professional Development*
Demonstrate on-going personal and professional development mastery with respect to the following capabilities:
* Provide team leadership, coaching and mentoring to staff
* Comfort-level around senior management
* Articulate business cases / proposals to senior management (internal / external)
* Proposal development, negotiation, closing and booking business
* Develop future leaders
* Complete leadership class or online training per quarter
* Business and industry acumen
* Problem solving skill and agility
* Competitor awareness
* Consultative 'questioning' and active listening
* Oral and written communications and presentation skills
* Business planning
* Financial analysis
* Time management
* Hiring, succession planning and corrective action
* Employee relations rules and regulations
* Leadership, Teamwork and Planning*
* Demonstrate mastery in teambuilding and conflict management.
* Recognize team members' roles, responsibilities, strengths and weaknesses in order to improve and optimize direct and virtual team effectiveness.
* Demonstrate mastery in navigating CA's internal processes and systems, and supporting roles.
* Provide teambuilding, coaching and mentoring to staff.
* Demonstrate effective time management .
* Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
* Demonstrate effective partnering with CA's internal and external partners.
* Work with employees to create personalized development plans through regular one-on-one reviews of skills and personal career goals; follow up to ensure that employees execute on their plans in a timely fashion.
* Use these reviews to identify possible successors, and provide them opportunities to broaden their experience and enhance their skills.
* Consistently reinforce the importance of CA's Core Values.
* Monitor and control the activities and performance of staff under their supervision, setting expectations and providing guidance and direction as needed.
* Ensure that the team receives regular training on CA's products, services and other initiatives, as well as skills training (such as account planning, better forecasting, listening and positioning skills, etc.), as appropriate.
* Hold regular team meetings and one-on-one meetings, to ensure the team is on track to meet business goals, provide consistent mentoring and coaching.
* Ensure appropriately qualified and/or experienced personnel are recruited, provided a complete orientation to CA's organization, policies and procedures, systems and strategy, (including administrative staff), formally introduced to all internal and customer contacts, and trained according to their individual needs.
* Mentor other managers within CA to help them attain a higher-level of management experience, professionalism and accountability.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you?ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate?s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
/ *Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies*: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly./
/ If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-###-####./
Associated topics: administrative, leader, management, sales executive, sales leader, sales management, sales manager, shift lead, team lead, territory manager