Dionex embodies passion for the science of chromatography, delivers power in the technologies behind our products, and productivity for the industries that shape the world. We pursue a strategy of diversity in our products, markets, and geographic locations, leveraging our technologies to ensure consistent progress. Our technological strength and leadership are rooted in our customer focus. Dionex was founded to help chemists automate and eliminate repetitive, time-consuming tasks. Solutions are at the heart of everything we do.
The Global Product Manager for Supplements is responsible for developing and implementing global strategies to accelerate the growth of the Advanced Bioprocessing product portfolio, primarily consisting of premium supplementation.
Reporting to the Product Management Leader of the cell culture business, the Product Manager will be managing all products within the supplements portfolio and supporting market analysis, planning, and commercial strategy. Key success metrics of this position are revenue growth, portfolio profitability, and new product introductions.
Responsible for New Product Roadmap & Direction, Commercial Launches
- Develop strategically and financially sound business cases for expansion of the portfolio that will drive new profitable revenue growth
- This includes working directly with potential key collaborators in the field to validate all opportunities put forward
- Once approved, this leader will serve as the strategic consultant working with R&D to evolve product scope as necessary and shepherd product through beta testing and on-time launch
- This includes the identification of any key data needed to support the commercial team upon launch including competitive benchmarking
- Responsible for developing value proposition and positioning content for all new product releases
- This involves understanding competitive position of alternative products and/or solutions
- Works with marketing communication team to ensure crafting of collateral and that any placement of advertising is placed appropriately for maximum impact
- Works with Operations (supply chain planning, manufacturing etc.) to ensure forecasting accuracy, manufacturability etc.
Owns Support of Supplements Portfolio Through its Life Cycle:
- Works to develop adjacent and applied markets for all products in supplements portfolio
- Considers life cycle of products, retiring products as appropriate
- Understands growth dynamics of all elements of portfolio based on available customer and molecule intelligence and plans accordingly
- Manages pricing to balance maximum profitability with competitive position
- Aids manufacturing/operations when product specific issues arise
- Monitors stakeholder feedback on all products and takes appropriate action as needed
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
- Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Business, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- MBA and/or Masters or Ph. D. in a science related field preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years, product management, R&D or market development experience.
- Knowledge of global cell culture markets and competitive landscape.
- Direct commercial experience in the cell culture market preferred
- Experience in, or knowledge of bio-pharmaceutical product cycles and production processes.
- Demonstrated analytical and financial acumen
- Ability to work within a highly matrixed organization and able to effectively manage through influence
- Strong planning & project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.