Headquartered in New Jersey (U.S), Cygnus Professionals Inc. is a next generation global information technology Solution and Consulting company powered by strong management and leadership team with over 30 person years of experience. We strive to extend our presence across industries and geographies with our industry-focused business excellence.
Cygnus’s vision is to become global leader in Information technology and consulting by delivering excellence to its customers. We understand that we cannot achieve it without our people. Hence, they are the most integral part of our organization. People at Cygnus are committed to help their customers in achieving their goals. Our people exhibit the sense of ownership in each step while serving their customers. We at Cygnus possess strong value system which is the core of our organization. It helps us stay ahead in the evolution curve and help us retain quality across the value chain.
Position: Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Location: Sunnyvale, CA / Seattle, WA / Bentonville, AR Duration: 6 Months +
Pactera is seeking a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer for a client who owns multiple online properties.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team, focusing on architectural design and devising solutions to improve service reliability, including service health monitoring and response capabilities, automation of deployment, configuration, recovery, and more. Responsibilities
- Engineer solutions that protect service health and prevent customer impact proactively
- Define service level objectives (SLOs) and service level indicators (SLIs) to represent and measure service quality
- Identify and implement solutions to reduce incident mitigation time, including telemetry generation, diagnostic tools and automated recovery options
- Design and maintain production monitoring systems. Write code to help instrument and monitor the health, and performance, of workflow services and processes to constantly improve customer experience
- Define and champion Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD), and Service (Regression and Scale) test Automation
- Apply availability, performance, and scalability expertise to make improvements and ensure services continue to grow according to expectations
- Automate common, repeatable tasks at large scale to streamline operational procedures. Leverage orchestration management (Zookeeper, Mesos), and configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Introduce and maintain continuity and recoverability capabilities
- Engage in live site incident response efforts to drive mitigation and resolution
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding, DevOps or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years production level experience with distributed applications at scale in public cloud (AWS and/or Azure)
- Experience in one (and preferably more) of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Experience implementing service health monitoring, dependency mapping and data integrity validations. Kafka, and/or Cassandra cluster monitoring strongly desired.
- Ability to debug and optimize code as well as automate routine tasks
- Build & Deployment: Red and Green deployment
- Experience w/ Containerization technologies: Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience designing and implementing build and release pipelines for continuous delivery with automated validation pre- and post- deployment
- Strong debugging skills and methodological approach towards complex problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and high attention to detail
- Workflow Monitoring Metrics - Service Latency, CPU utilization, VM stats, heap, I/O latency, Resource utilization
- Orchestration Management - Zookeeper, Mesos
- Build & Deployment - Red n Green deployment.
- Auto Rollback
- Containerization - Docker, Kubernetes
- Continuous Deployment - CI/CD, Service (Regression and Scale) test Automation
- Configuration Management - Chef, Puppet, Ansiable
- Release Monitoring – Jenkins
- Kafka Cluster Monitoring
Casandra Cluster monitoring