Daily Blast Live, an innovative live show from TEGNA as an immediate opening for a Sr Social Media Manager to assit in leading the DBL social and digital efforts. In addition to managing social media marketing campaigns, this position will also be resonsible for the following:
- Act as second in command to the EP of social and digital
- Develop relevant trending stories to reach the DBL digital target demo
- Create,curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written) within the DBL brand.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a \"Social\" way that carries a real-time conversation about the trending stories we are pushing out.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the DBL brand in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics. But also pivot quickly to increase (ROI)
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing regular participants in the conversation
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the journalism and storytelling. Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing trending stories on trend tracker apps such as Chartbeat, NewsWhip or NewsPulse.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills as well as a intermediate knowledge of editing on the Adobe Premiere Suite
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the company's field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of \"Search and Social.\"
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Must have strong analytic reporing skills
Daily Blast Live , is an innovative new show from TEGNA.
Working out of Denver's KUSA studios, we will produce a live show unique to each of the four time zones in the continental US. Each 30-minute episode will capture the stories people are talking about at that exact moment up to seven times daily (3.5 hours of live television). We will also be online 24/7 pushing produced content out to social platforms to bring the top trending stories directly to our audience.
Daily Blast Live will connect with viewers in a dynamic and immersive 360-degree experience, enabling them to interact with the show's hosts, share their reactions and opinions on stories, vote on content and polls, and submit videos and stories that could appear on DBL: Daily Blast Live.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of , the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and G/O Digital, a customized local digital marketing company. For more information, visit .
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Denver , CO
- Job Type: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 6/15/2017
Associated topics: account executive, acquisition, agent, booker, booking, consultant, expert, leader, manager, representative