Deltek is actively seeking an experienced, passionate, and dedicated Sr. Software Engineer to join in support of our Deltek PM Compass team! This position is based in the Tampa, FL area and will have some remote flexibility after an initial onboarding period.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and maintaining Windows applications and services, and be able to use this background and experience to assist our team with our client facing projects. It is expected that this role will become familiar with Deltek Project and Portfolio (PPM) products to aid in each assigned development task. The ideal candidate will be quality focused while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment in order to meet business and technical demands across a broad spectrum of clients from multiple industry verticals.
* Develop and maintain exceptional VB .NET Windows applications and services for our clients.
* Learn and adapt to new or changing technologies, requirements, and processes.
* Deliver enhancements to existing solutions based on functional and design requirements in a timely fashion.
* Dig into complex issues to understand the root problem and propose creative development focused solutions
* Take initiative when given a task, work well under pressure and provide creative solutions with minimal direction and requirements.
* Provide mentoring, technical guidance and assistance to peers.
* Deliver high quality code following established best practices.
* Communicate with others across departments and multiple organizational levels.
* Work collaboratively in a global, diverse team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
* College degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or similar degree is required.
* 5 or more years of experience with Software Development
* Experience with VB.Net or C# is required.
* Solid experience with Visual Studio and TFS
* Experience with SQL scripting and data manipulation experience with both Oracle and SQL Server is preferred
* Ideal candidate will have an Agile development methodology background
* This position requires the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to non-technical personnel.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Project management or EVMS experience and knowledge of engineering industry experience is a plus.
* Due to the nature of this position, US Citizenship or Green Card holder status is required for this role. We are unable to provide sponsorship.
Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services, management and IT consulting, architecture and engineering, marketing and advertising agencies, government contractors and other project-based businesses. More than 23,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources and streamline operations. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.
For more information, visit www.deltek.com.
Deltek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Consulting & Upper Management||9.2%||66%||2%|