San Francisco Bay Area Clark Construction provides woodworking and construction services with quality workmanship....
There is a reason that Clark is a leader in the construction industry. Simply put, it's our people. You can play a critical role in the future of our cities and communities with a career at Clark Construction. From monuments and museums, to stadiums, hospitals, universities, highways, hotels and more, Clark has shaped America's skyline for over a century. Our work leaves a lasting legacy; the same goes for our people. We owe our success to the leadership, talent, and drive of our employees. With a wide range of opportunities from management, to finance, to engineering and more, explore the many ways to grow your career and build your own legacy at Clark. Come be a part of our team, today!
Clark is seeking a Staff Attorney for its Mid Atlantic region. This role is extremely hands on and client facing.
- Analyze, review and draft contracts (construction contracts, subcontracts, and other miscellaneous agreements).
- Lead negotiation efforts to achieve contract terms consistent with Clark's corporate standards.
- Provide legal guidance to corporate leadership on various business and industry related matters.
- Work with the Department Leadership to provide legal support to Clark and its subsidiaries.
- Prepare and facilitate corporate matters including preparing resolutions and minutes of directors' and shareholders' meetings, and other miscellaneous corporate documents.
- Participate in dispute avoidance/resolution strategy sessions with departmental and company leadership.
- In conjunction with outside counsel, coordinate corporates responses to pleadings, discovery, and demands.
- Manage litigation budgets and claim reporting (internal and external).
- Provide training to the organization on a variety of legal topics.
- Juris Doctorate degree from a top accredited law school.
- Active bar membership (Maryland membership is not necessary).
- Approximately 1 - 3 years of law firm or clerkship experience.
- Construction experience is a plus but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
Clark Construction Group, LLC, (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an equal employment opportunity ("EEO") employer. All hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to a person's race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran status and any other status or characteristic covered by an applicable federal, state or local EEO law. An employer may not require or demand as a condition of employment, prospective employment or continued employment that an individual submit to or take a lie detector or similar test. An employer who violates this law is guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a fine not to exceed $100.