The American Physical Therapy Association strives to improve the health and life quality of the communities through promoting and advancing physical therapist practice through research, education, and awareness. The institution is committed to increase the understanding of the role of physical therapy in the national health care system. With regard to its members, it provides resources for career advancement and improvement, such as free or discounted courses, events, conferences, articles, payment guidance, and discounts. These are also available for students and early-career physical therapists. Additional benefits include full-text access to scientific literature, board certification in specialty areas, partnership and fellowship opportunities, professional, business, and personal insurance options, and more.
Assists in the strategic direction of the State Affairs team on efforts to implement the Association's public policy priorities. Acts as representative of the Association in member relations, strategic alliances, and policy development initiatives to advance physical therapy.
- Advocates for effective policies in conjunction with state chapters, sections, strategic organization, and contract lobbyists that allow PTs to practice to full extent of licensure, education, scope of practice, and clinical experience.
- Identifies and analyzes state legislation, laws, and regulations affecting physical therapy.
- Generates reports of pending legislation and distributes to state chapters, and provides alerts to chapters about specific bills.
- Responds to member inquiries related to licensure, state legislation, and policy issues.
- Researches member questions related to state laws, regulations, and policies and directs members to appropriate information and resources, including state practice acts and physical therapy board regulations.
- Assists chapters in lobbying efforts directed at branches of state governments.
- Compliance with issue management, archive and record keeping of statements, positions, policies and communications related to state legislation, regulation, advocacy, grassroots and political affairs.
PandoLogic. Category: , Keywords: Lobbyist