System One is a staffing and recruiting agency, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. The firm offers specialized workforce solutions and integrated services in the US. Its network spans the industries of energy, engineering, IT, commercial, scientific & clinical, legal, marketing, and more. System One is committed to conveying exceptional talent, flexibility and full accountability. If you are on the job hunt, System One will support you with a team of professional and relationship-driven recruiters.
Steam Turbine Design Engineer – Steam Path & Performance – Orlando, FL
System One has a direct hire opportunity for a Steam Turbine Design Engineer with a large Power Generation client located in Orlando, FL.
Steam Turbine Design Engineer Summary
This role is a design engineering position with an emphasis on both performance and mechanical evaluation stationary and rotating blade design. Core responsibility will be leading design efforts and developing technical solutions for services upgrades, evaluating services customer study requests, and support of new unit application and requisition design.
Steam Turbine Design Engineer Responsibilities
- Technical evaluation of steam turbine blading components, assessing the existing designs and condition of equipment to develop technical recommendations for cost effective solutions.
- Implement modern design tools and develop improved design methods and tools to continually advance our competitiveness and product integrity.
- Develop and implement the design of new power plant equipment or system upgrades to meet customer requirements for functionality, schedule and cost
- Provide technical field assistance for all forms of field service, start-up and commissioning of steam path equipment.
- Interface with customers in office meetings and on-site to effectively represent the company, demonstrating technical expertise and customer sensitivity to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Interface with vendors to keep up to date on technology advancements that can be applied to reduce costs or increase performance and / or reliability.
- Support sales and marketing efforts for new units and upgrades
- Communicate technical requirements and background with customers through service bulletins, documentation, and customer meetings.
- Enhance mechanical system records and documentation to improve ongoing service operations.
- Ensure fleet experience and feedback is incorporated into design reviews, design meetings, and communicated to the appropriate engineering design personnel.
- Interface with steam turbine and mechanical system engineers to obtain a consensus on new designs, upgrades or field problem resolution.
Steam Turbine Design Engineer Qualifications
- BS degree (MS degree preferred) in engineering
- 5-15+ years of turbine design experience
- Knowledge of thermodynamic and mechanical design principles of turbomachinery
- Prior steam path design experience and knowledge of power plant systems is preferred