Dionex embodies passion for the science of chromatography, delivers power in the technologies behind our products, and productivity for the industries that shape the world. We pursue a strategy of diversity in our products, markets, and geographic locations, leveraging our technologies to ensure consistent progress. Our technological strength and leadership are rooted in our customer focus. Dionex was founded to help chemists automate and eliminate repetitive, time-consuming tasks. Solutions are at the heart of everything we do.
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Responsible for relationship and overall account management at customers with approximately $1 Million or greater potential.
- Responsible for all account development activities including account strategy execution and management, ongoing communication of value proposition and value-added programs and services, resource coordination, price management, initiation of RFP responses, where applicable, and achievement of forecasted profitable growth.
- Manages multiple segment-specific customers.
- Achieve the planned growth for revenue in the assigned accounts while maintaining or exceeding gross margin goals.
- Owns the account management and ensures that account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals. Conducts quarterly account reviews to reflect progress and market changes.
- Possesses sufficient technical, operations and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers.
- Achieves revenue growth, profitability, expense control, process optimization, productivity, and customer satisfaction objectives
- Collaborates with customers to understand their business needs and strategic objectives, forms relationships with decision-makers and identifies, develops and closes enterprise services business opportunities.
- Builds relationships at multiple levels of account and across all constituents.
- Prospects across accounts to ensure that target opportunities are identified and developed across sites and geographies.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way ensuring Thermo Fisher is invited to all associated RFP s within their territory as well as driving opportunities for individual proposals or pilot programs outside of an RFP process.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments in a proactive and timely manner.
- Ensures client satisfaction by collaborating with other Thermo Fisher business units to provide a single face to the customer and ensuring that any major conflicts with customers are resolved.
- Ensures that management and the account team are kept informed of business requirements and significant developments within accounts and is involved at critical times.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively and to develop competitive differentiation.
- Partners with Marketing to provide customer input on features and feature prioritization requirements for services solutions and products.
- Builds strong collaborative working relationships with the business leaders and counter-parts in all Thermo Fisher commercial channels including Corporate Accounts, RSD (with respect to Managed Services activities) and the direct sales channels for related services business units (especially with respect to relocation opportunities).
- Collaborates with other groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific to implement strategies, identify and address cross-selling and synergistic business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Ensures all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience selling strategic service business solutions.
- Up to 30-40% overnight travel
- Advanced PC skills, especially in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Sales or operations experience in research or clinical industry.
- Strong collaborative track record, which includes working within a matrix environment along with the ability to find solutions to a common goal.
- Familiarity with commercial operations, relationship management and marketing tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Reflector style able to learn from mistakes and always wants to achieve best possible performance.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with customers, peers, and upper management.
- Self motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experienced in driving customer allegiance and growing existing customer base
- Proven experience in driving and leading revenue growth and strategy development.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position will be based remotely in the Greater Boston area, with overnight travel required up 40%.
This position has not been approved for relocation.