Badger Meter is a Utilities company headquartered in Milwaukee, WI . The company specializes in Flow Measurement & Control Solutions, Water Quality, and Data & Analytics. Their products are durable and accurate. The company is helping customers to protect the world's most important resource. The company has a variety of measuring products. The company provides innovative ideas to save water. It is also a great place to build a career. There are many career building opportunities available in the company. The company provides a healthy working environment to their employees. The company provides competitive benefits to their employees . They offer medical,dental and vision insurance and 401k plans.
Strategic Sourcing Specialist
This position is accountable for recommendation, implementation, and execution of effective procurement strategies. This includes development of short-term and long-term commodity sourcing strategies that align with the company goals for reducing cost and meeting financial expectations. This role will be managing vendor relationships, new product development, project implementation, and process efficiencies. This position will build and implement sourcing strategies that optimize the total cost of ownership and include developing supplier relationship strategies, conducting negotiations and ensuring that contracts are effectively written and approved, all of which are integral to fulfilling the purchasing department's mission of leveraging targeted spend across the Badger Meter Corporation. The strategies recommended by this role will support all Safety, Quality, On-time Delivery, Cost, and Continuous improvement activities to achieve Badger Meter's corporate goals.
Major Job Duties/Accountability:
* Drive proactive involvement in all functional activities related to sourcing to ensure upfront involvement in all new programs. This includes attending project meetings and working with appropriate individuals to understand new part requirements.
* Work closely with Engineering, Project Management, Operations, and Quality to ensure the optimal source is selected and capable to support Badger Meter.
* Review and evaluate supply base by commodity to identify optimal sources for Badger Meter while consolidating to align with strong supply partners.
* Evaluates and analyzes supplier capabilities to determine best overall value, recommends suppliers for development of new or improvements to existing products to the Project Teams.
* Perform on-site supplier evaluation visits to assist in the recommendation process.
* Assist in the review and correction of suppliers that fall below the PPM expectations as well as review and assist in corrective action measures within the supply base.
* Evaluates and analyzes supplier capabilities and capacity to support Badger Meter requirements.
* Professional and timely communication with all stakeholders (Internal/External) regarding open issue resolution and the ability to work within a team environment is essential in this position.
* Perform complex financial analysis of supplier data, organizational spend, project data to assess total cost ownership and identify savings and general sourcing opportunities.
* Identify and develop cost reduction opportunities by collaborating with operations, site buying teams, engineering, finance, and other departments as needed on cross-functional sourcing opportunities.
* Actively seek opportunities to streamline business processes, reduce costs, mitigate risk, and add value to the organization through the strategic sourcing process
* Perform continual market analysis and monitor supplier progress to identify areas for potential cost reduction and/or supplier consolidation.
* Extract data from various sources including LX, APS, and IDF
* Work closely with site buying teams to review supplier performance. Collaborate with site buying teams to develop actions plans, if needed, for sources that need improvement. Make supplier visits and evaluate the supplier as needed.
* Perform Supplier Risk assessments to understand and mitigate supply chain risk.
* Work with procurement site supervisors to review and recommend changes in company procurement processes. These may be in connection with quality standards, bidding procedures, supplier selection/evaluation, etc. May confer with various departments such as Sales, Engineering, Quality, Accounting and Manufacturing to assist in the formulation of interdepartmental procedures and the resolution of problems as they relate to the purchasing functions.
* Help to train/develop sourcing specialists
* Additional projects, tasks, and/or assignments as assigned. This position requires 40-50 hours of work per week.
* Advanced MS Word, Excel, Outlook
* Advanced LX
* Advanced APS
* Basic Blue Print Reading
* Basic understanding of Business law
* Advanced verbal, written, negotiating, and problem solving skills
* 5 or more years of experience
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering from a four year college
* Background in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or Engineering Project Management background
* Purchasing, Operations, Engineering related courses or previous Project Management work experience in an industrial company
* Certifications from International Supply Management (ISM); American Production Inventory Control Society (APICS); or, Engineering Project Management Certificate Preferred
* Up to 25% Travel
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the "EEO is the Law" poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm