Cincinnati-based Mercy Health (formerly Catholic Health Partners) is a faith-based healthcare provider with over 500 points of care, including 23 hospitals across Ohio and Kentucky, employing 34,000 staff members. Their core services feature primary care and family medicine, heart and vascular care, orthopedics, sports, medicine and spine care, cancer care and oncology. Mercy Health offers a wide variety of opportunities for physicians and advanced practitioners as well as for nurses. You can be contracted full-time or part-time and can enjoy the compensation package which includes components such as medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending or health reimbursement accounts, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life and accident insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, retirement savings plans, tuition reimbursement, and discounted fitness memberships.
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
Must have a Limited Permit in the Sate of Ohio. Performs any/all Verified by education, diagnostic, therapeutic, prophylactic and
emergency care to all age groups under the supervision of a licensed respiratory care professional in accordance with the Ohio
Respiratory Care Laws and Rules. The Limited Permit Holder can only perform duties in this job description after obtaining validation
by the State of Ohio on their Verification of Education form and by completing the department orientation checklist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients assigned. To include growth
and development over the life span and the ability to assess and interpret data reflective of the patients status and provide care as
indicated according to department policies and procedures.
2. Performs and instruct any validated Respiratory Care procedures in accordance with the departments policy and procedure
manual, based on clinical practice guidelines from the American Association for Respiratory Care and other clinical practice
guidelines. Limited Permit holders can only perform the following if validated by the State of Ohio on their Verification of Education
form and completing the department orientation checklist.
3. Apply, monitor, records the results, and instruct in the use of medical gases and instruct on the equipment for administering
4. Administers aerosolized medications and aerosolized humidification, and monitor and record the results.
5. Performs and instruct on bronchial pulmonary hygiene therapy, such as: PD&P, PEP therapy, Acapella therapy, suctioning and
sampling of sputum for lab results.
6. Performs and instruct on volume expansion therapy, such as: EZPAP therapy
7. Apply mechanical ventilation and NIPPV, evaluating and recording results of mechanical ventilation and NIPPV.
8. Apply airway apparatuses, maintain, & instruct on airway management.
9. Obtain arterial or other blood samples for analyzing. Analyze and records/report blood and gas results.
10. Performs all diagnostic studies to include peak flow monitoring, pulse oximetry, bedside spiromerty, & pneumograms.
11. Formulates an appropriate Respiratory Care plan based upon patient assessment and communicate to the healthcare team.
12. Actively participates in departmental quality assurance and hospital-wide organizational performance improvement activities
13. Code team member, trauma team, and rapid response team member. Holds certification in basic life support, NRP, PALS, and
14. Care of an infant post delivery (only RCPs with NRP training)
15. Must be responsible for all information discussed at department meetings.
Must be enrolled in an accredited college Program for Respiratory Care.
Current Ohio Board of Respiratory Care limited permit to practice, with Verification of Education form from the Ohio Respiratory
BLS certification by the AHA
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
* Great health, dental and vision plans
* Prescription drug coverage
* Flexible spending accounts
* Life insurance w/AD&D
* An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation & Benefits
EEO is the Law
FMLA Rights - English
La FMLA Espa?ol