Midwest Orthopaedic Consultants is currently looking for a Full Time Surgical Scheduling Coordinator to join the Surgical Clearance Team!
Midwest Orthopaedic Consultants has earned a reputation for supplying timely and high quality medical services. Our patients come first, and our employees play an important role in providing services and maintaining our reputation. We offer 401k, health, dental, vision, and other great benefits. Wehelp subsidize membership feesfor Lifetime Fitness! We are proud of our teamwork and friendly driven atmosphere to provide patient success.
Day in the Life
This positionwillreport directly tothe Surgical Clearance teamManager, and will be responsible forscheduling surgeriesfor the Physcianswhile providing excellent patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet patients and visitors in a warm and professional manner.
- Interview patients according to established protocol.
- Fill our surgery sheets, pre-testing sheets and clearance sheets.
- Provide patients with necessary paperwork for pre-testing & clearances.
- Put scheduled surgery in Allscripts. Scan additional work in Exscribe.
- Send all the necessary paperwork to appropriate departments.
- Fax surgery paperwork to Surgery Centers/Hospitals.
- FaxPCP to inform of surgery, and inform medical clearnace labs needed.
- Call insurance companies for benefits, eligibility & authorization.
- Schedule patients for surgery via phone when patients call in and mail out patient paperwork.
- Maintain doctor's surgery schedule.
- Put surgery referrals in ERMA
- Request Referrals from PCP office.
- Request Pre-Determination from insurance companies if needed.
- Other duties assigned
- Travels between both locations Oak Lawn and Orland Park as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills both verbal ans written required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under minimal guidance after trained and work in a timely manner.
- Knowledge on basic office equipment such as telephone, fax and copier.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of CPT codes and ICD 10 codes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance.
- Basis knowledge of computer and internet. Ability to learn other programs.
- Previous experience with EHR and Allscripts PM programs.
- Healthcare industry knowledge and surgery scheduling knowledge helpful.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Surgery Scheduling.
Midwest Orthopaedic Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, Veteran status, disability or national origin.