Middle East Broadcasting Networks is a news organization in North Africa and the Middle East that delivers its content in the Arabic Language. The organization comprises two major television networks - Alhurra-Iraq and Alhurra; Maghreb Voices.com, Sawa radio, Irfaasawtak.com among other social media platforms. Middle East Broadcasting Networks enjoy an audience of over 27.5 million people in a week across the regions. The organization’s mission is to further opinions, ideas, and available perspectives in media across the Middle East and North Africa. The Company’s vision is to provide accurate, objective, and relevant information and news to accurately American policies, Americans, and America. Middle East Broadcasting Networks promotes values of freedom and democracy. When working with the organization, the compensation is always good, and importantly the organization offers a work-life balance. The organization's Employee benefits include vacation policy, retirement benefit, and insurance benefits.The job opportunities are Broadcast Technician, Broadcast Engineer, IT Specialist – TV Broadcasting and many more.
Systems Administrator, Information Technology
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a System Administrator for our IT Department at our Headquarters office in Springfield, Virginia. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The System Administrator is responsible for providing information technology support to include the full spectrum of enterprise systems including servers, desktops and digital broadcast systems as they relate to both a physical and virtual infrastructure. Also includes, installation, configuration, test, production, optimization and escalated support of MBN's broadcast related systems. 24 x 7 365 days a year. Schedule Changes based on need.
The primary duties and Responsibilities of the Systems Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting of all Physical and Virtual Enterprise systems and infrastructure.
- Installing approved network OS patches.
- MS Exchange administration and support.
- Filing and printing service.
- Remoting office support.
- Knowledge of Group Policies and Scripting
- Window Server (2008 , 2012) Server Administration
- Enterprise backups and recoveries.
- VoIP, telephone and voice mail support.
- Full desktop support extended to: applications, desktop troubleshooting and maintenance, VPN, roaming and local profiles, etc.
- Back-end desktop bench testing, workstation image building, application troubleshooting and maintenance, creating and disabling user accounts.
- Enterprise application support and administration (e.g., Email, Deltek, SQL Server, Anti-Virus, Blackberry, Data Backup and Recovery, etc.).
- Windows server cluster administration.
- SAN support, administration and configuration.
- Macintosh server and desktop support.
Broadcast (TV, Radio and Digital) system support and administration.
- ENPS desktop management support.
- Helping ensure stability and reliability of broadcast automation and enterprise SQL Server database administration and manage.
- Working with the SQL Database Administrator to perform all common database administration tasks including database backups and recovery, database security and permissions management, database server administration, etc.
Candidates are required to have:
- Two (2) plus years IT experience and broadcast automation system expertise.
- Microsoft Certifications, Minimum: MCSA- Windows Server or- MCSE Server infrastructure
- Experience with high availability storage technologies.
- Understanding of virtual systems and technologies.
- Programming and Scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, etc).
- Custom application support and configuration expertise.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and to form liaisons with other groups in order to achieve stated objectives.
- Ability to respond effectively and quickly with user requests and issues.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize accordingly.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Current work authorization to work in the United States is required.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.