BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, security and aerospace company headquartered in Arlington, VA, with locations across the country. The company delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. The company's operations are divided into three sectors which are Electronic Systems (aircraft flight and engine controls, electronic warfare and night vision systems, surveillance and reconnaissance sensors, mobile networked communications equipment, and environmentally friendly vehicle propulsion systems); Intelligence & Security (IT, cybersecurity, intelligence analysis, systems integration and operations and maintenance) and Platforms & Services (armored combat vehicles, tactical wheeled vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, artillery systems, and munitions). Employees are offered a flexible work environment, on-the-job training and leadership programs, extensive benefits, and a culture of trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services.
Job Description This rewarding and challenging position is located in lower Manhattan (New York, New York). Duties include day to day administration and operation of complex networked computer systems spread across the metropolitan region. Responsible for the technical liaison between customer management, company management, BAE Systems coworkers, and system vendors. This position requires the generation of documentation and reports as requested by company and customer management. Candidates must feel comfortable supporting specialized, intelligence based, systems and applications. Components administered include: Windows servers, Active Directory, Linux servers, client workstations running various versions of Windows, network infrastructure, and telephony equipment.
Must have ten (10) or more years of work experience which requires knowledge and experience using Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems plus knowledge and experience using SANs, RAIDs, storage media including CDs/DVDs and Magneto Optical disks, IP Networking, and performing, server hardware maintenance. Experience using SQL for generation of system reports is necessary. Knowledge and understanding of telecommunication standards and protocols (e.g., UMTS, GSM, CDMA, TI, ISDN, etc.) is required. An understanding of multiple telecommunications technologies is required, to include Multiplexers, Digital Access Carrier/Cross Connect Systems, Channel Banks, and Voice Over IP. Knowledge and experience using audio filtering and processing techniques such as low-pass, high-pass, and notch and adaptive filters is necessary, as is an understanding of signal levels, signal to noise ratios, detection time, and hold time. A good understanding and experience in telephony signaling techniques and protocols is essential. Must have excellent technical and communications skills, both oral and written. Good interpersonal skills are essential to relate with technical agents, case agents, telecommunication specialists, system analysts, end users who have differing levels of technical skills.
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education Functional Responsibility: Perform system installation, set-up, administration, maintenance, and user support to customer supplied electronic surveillance collection systems to support the intelligence and investigative (Title 50, Title III, and Pen Register) priorities of the Counterintelligence, Criminal Investigative, and Counter-Terrorism Divisions. This includes logging, tracking, and monitoring of the health of Central Monitoring Plant (CMP), the collection systems installed therein, local and remote workstations, respective satellite site equipment, and their LANs/WANs. Interface collection systems to required external systems, services and inputs to collect unprocessed evidence and intelligence data that will be used for further analysis in support of lawful investigations. Perform the following activities in support of these functions:
• Provide system administration and database administration of all aspects of the collection systems to include creating accounts, changing passwords, and setting user preferences.
• Maintain customer specific collection systems. Perform periodic maintenance, monitor for problems, and resolve system and user issues.
• Develop or update system documentation with government supervision, guidance, and approvals.
• Provide user support and training on customer specific systems and architectures.
• Support systems within a regional model where regions can span multiple states.
• Develop custom reports using vendor specific reporting tools.
• Provide liaison with telecommunications service providers to engineer, implement and troubleshoot telephony input lines.
• Examine telephony signaling, in standards such as: J-STD-25, Tl.678, GISH, and iDEN, to identify and resolve intercept failures and assist investigative personnel.
• Implement and configure audio filtering technology for microphone audio inputs to collection systems.
• Act as a conduit between specialized system engineers, vendors, telecommunications service providers and local office investigative personnel to identify and implement appropriate technologies which will most effectively support an identified investigative need.
• Assist with cell site and geo-location analysis, correlating disparate data from multiple systems.
• Assist technical squad personnel with technology assessments and planning and implementation phases for complex intercept solutions.
• Recommend, engineer, and implement new technologies frequently involving the routing, conversion, and transmission of digitized audio.
• Responsible for any new peripheral or computer systems attached to the systems network.
• Assist in installation of new telephone (or telephony) equipment.
• Solve user problems that are beyond help-desk capabilities.
Preferred Skills and Education Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology discipline, Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering or related field with: 10 years of work experience; or M.S. Degree with 8+ years work experience; or PhD with 6+ years of experience. PMP, Microsoft, and Cisco certifications are preferred. Five years of additional relevant work experience can be substituted for a technical bachelor's degree.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. Thats BAE Systems. Thats Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.