Hunter is a company that offers solutions to the problems of irrigation, outdoor, lighting, and custom molding industries. Its products are globally used and can be seen at stadiums, national landmarks, commercial complexes, and buildings. Its headquarters are in San Marcos CA. Its products and services include agricultural irrigation, custom manufacturing, and dispensing technologies. It visons to be always at customer first choice. The work values of hunters are Innovation, Family, and social responsibility. It provides a fun, friendly, and collaborative work environment to its employees. It seeks dedicated and self-driven employees.
We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we’re global, we’re family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you’re pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.About This Role:
The Systems Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining and supporting a scalable, highly available, and resilient hybrid infrastructure. S/he also provides input for infrastructure solution design as well as the planning necessary to ensure successful implementation, integration and support of new and existing systems.
Demonstrates behavior consistent with the company’s values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family and Social Responsibility.Essential Job Functions:
- Executes on plans developed to implement, integrate, and support new infrastructure systems and services.
2. Assists with planning and execute tasks required for upgrades, migrations, optimizations, and new implementations within a hybrid infrastructure environment.
3. Provides direct support in the day-to-day operations of network, server, and cloud-based systems. Duties include monitoring and evaluating of the infrastructure environment and providing primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
4. Manages server, storage, and networking resources to provide optimal efficiency and availability of all systems including SAN storage, data backup/recovery, switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points, etc.
5. Collaborates with the team and provides input for disaster recovery planning and is involved in validation testing. S/he works together with other team resources to execute on the plan in the event of a partial or total infrastructure related disaster.
6. Troubleshoots software application connectivity, integration or performance issues that may be related to faults, tuning needs or configuration changes within some component of the on-prem or cloud infrastructure environment. Develops methodology for ongoing assessment of infrastructure performance, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
7. Uses resident and third-party tools to collect and analyze infrastructure systems and networking data. Based on the results of this analysis in comparison to original baselines, implements solutions, and optimizations to continuously improve performance and resiliency.
8. Provides support for escalated Service Desk issues and assists other IS team members with technical support issues. Collaborates with service desk team members to elevate their ability to troubleshoot reported issues to reduce the ongoing need for escalations.
9. Assists with security configuration, monitoring, and auditing for the infrastructure environment.
Other Job Functions:
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Hunter Industries’ approach to the health and safety of each employee is based on adherence to our Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Every employee is responsible for their safety and must work safely at all times. Employees are to immediately report all unsafe or hazardous conditions, including injuries and near misses to their Supervisor, Environmental Health& Safety Department, or Workers Compensation Manager. Those employees who do not comply with safe work practices may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.Education/Training Required:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information system management or related field.Experience Required:
Minimum of three years of demonstrated skills in administration, implementation and support of infrastructure in an enterprise data center or cloud environment.
Minimum of two years of experience with administration of Windows servers, networking hardware, storage, etc. in an enterprise data center or cloud environment.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
KSA #1: Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot servers, networking equipment and / or storage platforms.
KSA #2: Knowledge and experience of Microsoft technologies (AD, GPOs, RDS, PKI, DFS, DNS, DHCP, etc.).
KSA #3: Demonstrated skills in one or more solutions such as VMware, Nimble storage, Cisco Networking, AWS/Azure, or similar.
KSA #4: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to create and maintain documentation of systems and procedures.
KSA #5: Interpersonal skills to establish trust and credibility and build effective relationships with employees at all levels across the organization.
KSA #6: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
KSA #7: Ability to work as member of team, handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
KSA #8: 24/7 availability for support.
KSA #9: Ability to travel domestically and internationally for site visits, training classes, meetings and conferences. Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) Preferred:
KSA #10: Relevant technology certifications.
KSA #11: 24/7 ITIL Foundations certification.Physical Demands:
Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Intermittent walking to gain access to work areas.
Ability to climb stairs to gain access to work area.
Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer long periods of time and to complete paperwork activities.
Visual acuity sufficient to use a computer, to read written materials and to complete paperwork activities.
Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals by telephone and in person.
Ability to bend, lift and carry books, files and office supplies and other items weighing up to 30 pounds.Work Environment:
Office setting and all areas of facility with temperature controls and carpet tile or concrete floor surfaces.
Outside environment with exposure to seasonal elements. Wears safety equipment in designated areas.Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: http://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers