Engility was launched in 2012 as an independent company made up of leading businesses within L-3's Government Services segments: including MPRI, Command & Control Systems and Software (C2S2), Global Security & Engineering Solutions (GS&ES), Linguist Operations & Technical Support (LOTS) and Engility Corporation and International Resources Group (IRG).
Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at Hill Air Force Base, Utah 84056. Engility is looking for a systems engineer with a background in one or more of the following: RF communications, wired and wireless networking, cybersecurity/ information assurance, communications security, cryptographic system integration, EMP hardened communication systems, command&control console design, communication system integration and test, nuclear surety, and software design. A background in major acquisition support is desired. This is a great opportunity to work on one of the most exciting and challenging sustainment, development and acquisition efforts in the DoD with a great company that is growing. Position and pay commensurate with skills and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities (including some or all of the following):
* Provide first level management support
* Lead a team of multi-disciplined engineers in support of the following activities:
* System Development: technical planning and integration
* Development of acquisition documents in support of milestones and contract actions
* Review of contractor plans and data
* Researching historical requirements, design, and performance data
* Identifying, defining and managing electromechanical interfaces
* Functional integration across multiple disciplines and organizations in support of system development
* Customer advising and assistance
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence as you shape the future ICBM weapon system. The current ICBM system has been fielded since 1962 and has been upgraded in various stages over the life of the program as required to maintain system capability. There are multiple acquisition efforts underway or planned within ICBMs over the coming years including a new Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD), which is developing the replacement for, or modernization of, Minuteman III. Engility is providing systems engineering support (Advisory&Assistance services) as part of a multi-command, multi-contractor team in support of major acquisition programs within ICBMs.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
* BS in engineering or physics with 10+ years engineering experience with complex systems engineering or MS in engineering or physics with 8+ years engineering experience with complex systems engineering
* Must have a Active Secret Security Clearance
* Must have demonstrated presentation skills and experience interfacing with the customer
* Must have leadership experience
* Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Experience with the DoD 5000.02 acquisition process
* Experience and skills in one or more of the following areas: RF communications, wired and wireless networking, cybersecurity/ information assurance, communications security, cryptographic system integration, EMP hardened communication systems, command&control console design, communication system integration and test, nuclear surety, and software design.
* Proactive, self-starting, independent, flexible engineer with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be productive with little supervision
Candidates with these desired skills/experiences will be given preferential consideration:
* Engineering on major system acquisition effort
* MS or PhD in engineering
* Prior Minuteman III weapon system experience
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, network, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, technician