The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City is a world-class academic medical center and destination for complex care and diagnosis. We offer more options for patients with serious conditions because of our expertise and leadership in medical research and education.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator is responsible for completing various steps in the post-offer employment process and making certain the conditions of employment have been satisfied. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator supports a positive experience by making navigation of the pre-boarding process, quick, easy and understandable for the candidate. Responsibilities
- Demonstrates competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships and technical skills.
- Demonstrates an active commitment to the mission and values of the Hospital.
- Posts active job openings on the Health System’s web-based application system, when required.
- Determines the nature and scope of the background screen to be conducted for each accepted conditional offer of employment.
- Assists new candidate in completing all pre-boarding documents and post offer job requirements, and in navigating the on-boarding process, all in a friendly and professional manner so candidate begins employment timely and with a positive experience.
- Reviews information gathered during the application process and utilizes to conduct background screen for clarity and completeness, before transmitting to third party screener.
- Analyzes results of background screen, investigates missing information or adverse information with candidate in accordance with requirements set forth in the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and determines if candidate successfully met background screen requirements.
- Verifies candidate’s licensure, certifications and/or registration through primary source.
- Reviews offer of employment for accuracy and generates job appropriate offer letter.
- Submits offer letter and all relevant pre-boarding documents to candidate for completion.
- Ensures all pre-boarding documents are thoroughly and timely completed; and all conditions of employment have been successfully met (drug screen, post-offer medical examination, background screen, verifications of licensure/certification/registration).
- Follows-up with candidates on missing information documents or problems with pre-boarding tasks such as drug screen, background screen, online paperwork and post offer medical examination.
- Creates new employee’s personnel file, scans pre-boarding documents into personnel file and audits results for accuracy.
- Creates and maintains new employee list and disseminates list to appropriate departments and Hiring Manager.
- Reviews Employee Portion of Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) for completeness, and timely completes Employer Portion of Form I-9. Confirms work eligibility using E-Verify.
- Assists with set-up and check-in at new hire orientation, creates temporary name badges and envelopes to store paperwork needed for new hire orientation, and answers questions regarding orientation.
- Communicates number of employees expected to begin employment.
- Compiles job advertisements and communicates to various job boards and advertising agencies
- Prepares reports, correspondence and departmental materials using a variety of office equipment and software programs.
- Assists the HR Department in carrying out various human resources programs for all employees.
- Tracks and reports on invoices paid.
- Participates in staff meetings and committees as requested.
- Assists recruiters in scheduling and/or screening applications, when needed.
- Covers for the Front Desk HR Assistant, when needed.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required. Qualifications
- High School Diploma/or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ administrative/clerical experience
- Must possess excellent computer and organizational skills and have the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to give group presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior human resources experience with emphasis in recruitment support strongly preferred