Job Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist (Recruiter)
Location: Yonkers, NY
Pay Rate: $20
Open Ended Temporary Role
Our client, located in Yonkers, NY, is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist (recruiter) to join their team for the duration of a temporary position. This position is open-ended and has no set end date, at the clients discretion temporary employees may be offered a permanent position.
- Works with the HR Manager and Director to develop and implement new and innovative recruiting strategies.
- Full cycle recruitment but not limited to advertising, sourcing, screening, interviewing, and on-boarding.
- Manages Full Time Equivalents (FTE) headcount to ensure predetermined staffing levels are maintained.
- Builds relationships with the food and beverage management team to understand and anticipate business needs and objectives as it relates to staffing goals.
- Work with the hiring managers to ensure that job requirements and expectations are clearly understood to ensure that candidates are assessed on proper
- Creates and updates all job descriptions.
- Represents the organization to all recruitment functions.
- Develops, arranges, and conducts training which includes new hire orientation, Tips certification, and company training initiatives.
- Assists in the development and explanation of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for planning and organizing employee appreciation and recognition events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of high-volume full cycle recruitment.
- Previous experience recruiting for food beverage, hospitality or similar company preferred.
- Strong technical skills, specifically with MS Office Suite and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Ability to work in a noisy environment where pipe, cigar and cigarette smoking is permitted.
- Strong sourcing and interviewing skills.
- Adept business acumen business and knowledge of recruitment concepts and training methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Psychology/Sociology or related field.
- WorkDay, Ceridian/Dayforce platform experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of HR laws including but not limited to title VII, EEO and FLSA.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses pursuant to NYS Gaming Commission regulations.
- Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) Certified Trainer preferred.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP
Excel Partners is a professional recruiting firm that supplies its many clients with truly exceptional employees for their available temporary and permanent roles. Excel Partners is always looking for strong new candidates to present to businesses in Connecticut, New York, and along the East Coast!