ESSENDANT Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of business products. We strive for more than just success— we believe in building partnerships that transcend with our internal and external customers. Our business wouldn’t be thriving without our hardworking employees. If you have a passion to strive for more, ability to generate ideas, and want to grow your career— we motivate you to join our organization. We encourage our employees to utilize internal relations: team support, training, and mentoring. We value and appreciate our employees. We are one team. We are Essendant.
Specialized skill Distribution role. Individual may work in any of a variety of Distribution and/or Operations Support functional areas.
· Performs all regularly assigned duties and responsibilities of a Distribution Associate.
· Monitors activity to promote a safe work environment.
· Monitors tasks and workflow to ensure that department priorities and goals are met.
· Provides task-related guidance and direction to associates.
· Assists Manager/Supervisor with daily assessing, planning, and scheduling of workflow.
· Advises Manager/Supervisor of observable associate performance & behavior.
· Informs Manager/Supervisor of operational issues and/or problems.
· Conducts training for new associates as needed.
· Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Ability to perform the accountabilities and tasks of the function within established productivity requirements and in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules or established processes along with established quality guidelines and expectations.
· Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e., box erector, tape machine, Taylor Dunn, pallet jack and walkie-rider.
· Ability to appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, etc.
· Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
· Ability to maintain a clean, organized work area; ability to assist with housekeeping tasks in the facility/work area.
· Assist and/or help out in other Distribution Associate 1 and 2 functions as required.
· Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written).
· Solid math and analytical/problems solving skills
At Essendant Inc., it is our intention to be the fastest and most convenient solution for workplace essentials. To do this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven employees. If you would like to be part of the team that helps unlock the potential of our customer-partners and those they serve, this is your chance to be involved. Essendant Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of workplace essentials, with consolidated net sales of $5.3 billion. Essendant stocks a broad assortment of over 160,000 products, including technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, janitorial and breakroom supplies, industrial supplies, and automotive aftermarket tools and equipment.
We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and growth. We believe in giving back to our communities as well as others in need. We embrace diversity and believe our employees create a sustainable competitive advantage. We adhere to the high standards of Our Guiding Actions and Our Values.
+ Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
+ Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
+ Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
+ Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
+ High School or better
+ 2 years: Warehouse/Distribution-related experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.