As technical account managers, we are sales professionals working for companies that offer technical products, services, and solutions. We are responsible for demonstrating to prospective and existing customers how our organization’s solutions will answer their business needs, as well as ensuring their seamless implementation. For this, we heavily interface with the product management, engineering, and support functions of our organization. Apart from the traditional sales skillset, we need to have technical expertise, at least to the extent to be able to synthesize key information and facilitate technical conversation.
- maintaining positive relationships with clients
- handling client issues and needs, working with internal teams
- generating new business and sales using network
- creating reports on account status and transactions
- setting and tracking account sales targets
- mentoring and supervising account representatives