Cupertino, California-based Apple designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, computers, and various related software (the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and several other). Apple is committed to make the best products in the market, creating solutions that serve everyone. Apple celebrates inclusion and diversity, and believes in the power of an accepting culture. Strengthening its commitment to leave the world better than we found it, Apple has been supporting underserved schools in the US as part of ConnectED, pledging $100 million of teaching and learning solutions since 2014. Environmental sustainability is also at the forefront of the Apple core values - it strives to develop products that make the least environmental impact. At Apple you can take advantage of health and wellness resources and time-away programs including the option to buy Apple stock at a discount, charity events, reimbursement for continuing your education, and special employee pricings on Apple products.
We are seeking a Technical Design Producer to join our Services Product & Design Team, who will help form, refine and reinforce a point of view for editorial requirements and vision in the Media Products space across the Apple device families, store and services - as well as the tools and technology that power them. The ideal candidate has 10+ years experience in working with Design and Engineering teams to create functional specs for product architecture. They will take in feature and product concepts from Human Interface and Content Design Leads for approaching launches and media experiences, deconstruct the asks down into functional requirements and statements of intent for the content designer/producer shipment process, thereby ensuring accuracy for the end Apple customer experience. They also are able to collaborate to find solutions in matters of Engineering scope, can ruthlessly prioritize, and can make independent decisions.
- 10 YOE working in Design, Production, Engineering, and Technology Teams with a deep understanding of the creative technology tools and workflows and an informed point of view on opportunities for efficiency at scale.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and evangelizing technical documentation including User Persona Studies, Business Requirements, Program Plans, Functional Requirements, Workflows, and Roadmaps with functional prioritization.
- Ability to work closely with Engineering Teams, Designers, and Design Producers in a seamless manner.
- Strong technical knowledge to act as an advisor on process and design, tooling, or production needs.
- Proactive problem solving abilities and ability to manage challenging priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to clearly articulate non technical needs to technical audiences and vice versa.
- Ability to understand and support the design creation process to allow design teams to continue focusing on creating amazing work without being encumbered by broken processes or lack of tools to complete work successfully.
- Discretion in handling confidential materials.
- Experience working within a dynamic creative studio environment, Ability to stay focused on the overarching and highest priority needs.
- Demonstrated ability defining design needs to ensure that products and tools meet requirements.
- Experience collecting, defining, and evangelizing design requirements and priorities.
- Experience working with external vendors on clear scopes of work and budgets.
- Ability to investigate issues and clearly articulate an opinion.
- Create, own, and maintain documentation that captures Product & Design needs and priorities and the level of priority and impact for each. - Ability to prioritize and evangelize (along with manager and other leads) design needs. - Articulation of design impact for issues impacting design production. - Working across Design Operations to establish standard methodologies and forge enhancements for the management of access and permissions as it relates to our internal tooling, servers, applications and systems. - Contribute to trainings for existing workflows, new workflows, new tools, and existing tools. - Ongoing collection and documentation of workflows and issues that affect the team. - Embedding within the day to day of design and production teams, while maintaining the ability to level up and ensure we’re solving the larger business challenges. Do you have an insatiable desire to help create the best media experiences and empower the endless potential of Apple’s groundbreaking creative teams? We want to meet you!
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent experience.