Amazon, the Seattle-based online retailer, provides personalized shopping services and direct shipping to customers. The company’s platform, amazon.com, offers a wide range of products including books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and several other products. Amazon’s corporate culture embraces diversity and inclusion. The firm endeavors to find opportunities to train veterans and their spouses and currently counts 21,000 former members of the military on board. Maintaining a pet-friendly working environment, the retailer welcomes Amazonians’ four-legged friends on bring-your-dog-to-work days. You can apply for student programs, fulfillment center career opportunities, as well as remote jobs at Amazon. Job categories include administrative support, business intelligence, data science, legal, human resources, marketing & PR, and several other.
Technical Launch Engineer - Amazon Go
Technical Launch Engineer - Amazon GoLocation
48 minutes ago(48 minutes ago)Job ID
Amazon.com Services, Inc.Position Category
Everyone on our physical retail technology team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. We’ll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: networking infrastructure, real-time and distributed systems, and vendor management.
The Support Engineer will leverage their leadership and technical capabilities to lead technical installations in the field, identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive technical builds to successful completion. Through engagement with customers, vendors, and key suppliers, you will deliver in-store technology on time. You will play an active role in implementing business and functional deliverables in partnership with other technology leaders within the team.
You should be comfortable creatively solving problems in new ways. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and will have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; can replace formal education with demonstrated equivalent skills
- Management of ad-hoc teams
- Project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling
- Willingness and ability to travel 75-90% of the year
- Must be able to work with arms above head
- Must be able to work on a ladder
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5-7+ years of technical program management experience
- Academic, industry or government experience with network infrastructure or distributed systems, or data center or large scale network support
- Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
ApplyApplyShareEmail this job to a friendReferSorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.Share this job