We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com. Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
This candidate will own the product roadmap for the professional customers derived from WSJ's subscribers and beyond, including the suite of WSJ Pro and Executive Membership products, building workflow tools, business information products and professional news services that will command high prices.
They will and execute on the roadmap features and projects for all phases including: Discovery, Design, Build, Launch, Measure and Improve. The candidate will have experience working with engineering teams to scope, estimate, prioritize and drive development of product features from idea through release. As the strategy for WSJ Pro has evolved, so has the desire to reimagine the core WSJ experience to serve the needs of a professional user at a premium price point across our industry verticals and executive memberships. This person will partner with editorial, design/UX, marketing, sales, customer experience, advertising and engineering in reimagining this product set. Knowledge of key demographics, product interactions and an innovative perspective on product development are important in this role, as is experience of b2b and business information & intelligence services, analytical tools & data sets and, ideally, professional peer groups.
- Set objectives and key results (OKRs) for this product area; Drive, measure, and report progress towards these OKRs
- Partner with engineering teams across Professional Information Business(PIB), Commerce and Consumer WSJ to plan and execute the premium product roadmap, via agile workflow and methodology
- Define product requirements through user stories for digital customer prospecting and customer acquisition journey for premium users
- Facilitate the decomposition of stories into technical tasks with engineering teams
- Coordinate product releases across a number of development and quality assurance teams, managing priorities, timelines and dependencies
- Devise and execute on plans for engaging existing premium professional customers to improve retention
- Identify opportunities to optimize advertising campaigns with customer behavior to increase specific premium audiences
- Partner with engineering teams across PIB, Commerce and Consumer WSJ to plan and execute the premium professional product roadmap, via agile workflow and methodology
- Collaborate with marketing, editorial, customer teams on a go to market and communication plan
- Create and manage budgets
- Experience taking core product sets and exploring unique verticals and launching premium product offerings
- Experience conceiving and designing business information products, data tools or similar analytical and workflow products
- Ability to create and prioritize product roadmaps
- Ability to take ownership to solve complex and business critical problems
- Experience working with engineering teams to coordinate technical activities, communicate complex requirements, and manage timelines and deliverables
- Evaluate vendors and perform gap analysis of features provided
- Experience with metrics reporting tools and data analysis
- Experienced in agile methodologies and practices
- Experienced in project managing technology initiatives
TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE