FedEx Freight is a subsidiary of the delivery giant FedEx. It provides less-than-truckload (LTL) transportation services throughout the US, Canada, and international points. Unlike traditional LTL carriers, it operates an integrated, nationwide pickup and delivery network for priority and economy, in all lengths of haul, through some 470 terminals. FedEx Freight handles 90,000-plus shipments a day via a fleet of about 75,000 pieces of equipment, including 20,000 tractors. Open positions include City Driver, Shop Technician, and Part Time Dock. The company is passionate about helping people acquire skills and education that allow them to access opportunity.
Job Description Company:
FedEx ServicesJob Title:
Technical Services Representative IIJob Requisition Number:
Brooklyn, New York 11232
United StatesJob Summary
Under general supervision provides technical support in the configuration, maintenance, restoration and functions of all products deployed for a defined internal/external customer or account base. Serves as a central point of contact to consult and/or address specific technical and service related problems with customers on FedEx automation portfolio and deployed technologies. Interfaces with customers to provide product information and Instructions.Knowledge/Skills Considered a Plus
- Broad knowledge of PC hardware, software and network components is preferred in order to trouble-shoot and resolve technical issues. Â
- Direct customer interaction is necessary to expeditiously and professionally address all concerns of supported systems.
- Technical certifications are considered a plus. Â
Relocation assistance is not available.Domicile
This position will be domiciled in Brooklyn, New York.Requirements
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to drive a company vehicle, supporting FedEx facilities as well as customer locations
- Provide backup support to other technicians during periods of heavy volume and/or special projects
Associate Degree/equivalent in computer technology, information technology, computer engineering and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. 2 years equivalent work experience in technology support environment. Good communication and organizational skills. Strong customer orientation. Must be able to use a telephone, keyboard and view a computer screen. Able to operate vehicle in compliance with established procedures. Ability to lift 75 pounds. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements. A related Master's Degree equals two (2) years experience. Application Criteria/Deadline
To apply for this position, please upload your current resume and complete online questionnaire by close of business day on Thursday, October 24, 2019.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World's Most Admired Companies" - 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\'s Most Reputable Companies" - 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\'s Business Enterprise National Council "America's Top Corporations for Women's Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" - 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" - 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click 'Apply' and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.