Badger Meter is a Utilities company headquartered in Milwaukee, WI . The company specializes in Flow Measurement & Control Solutions, Water Quality, and Data & Analytics. Their products are durable and accurate. The company is helping customers to protect the world's most important resource. The company has a variety of measuring products. The company provides innovative ideas to save water. It is also a great place to build a career. There are many career building opportunities available in the company. The company provides a healthy working environment to their employees. The company provides competitive benefits to their employees . They offer medical,dental and vision insurance and 401k plans.
WHY BADGER METER?
ARE YOU LOOKING TO JOIN A DYNAMIC TEAM WHERE YOU HAVE THE AUTONOMY AND CHALLENGE THAT LETS YOU LEARN AND GROW YOUR CAREER? ARE YOU ENERGIZED WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS MATTER AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN BUSINESS SUCCESS? IF YES, THEN BADGER METER MAY BE A GREAT PLACE FOR YOU!
FOR MORE THAN 110 YEARS, BADGER METER HAS PROVIDED STRONG, STABLE FINANCIAL GROWTH, IN TURN PROVIDING EMPLOYEES WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD LONG, SUCCESSFUL CAREERS. AS A LEADING MANUFACTURER OF FLOW MEASUREMENT TECHNOLOGY, BADGER METER OFFERS MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO MEASURE WHAT MATTERS IN PROTECTING THE WORLD S WATER AND OTHER PRECIOUS RESOURCES. OUR COMPANY IS LARGE ENOUGH TO CONTINUALLY DRIVE MARKET INNOVATION, ALL WHILE WE MAINTAIN A COLLABORATIVE AND FLEXIBLE WORKING ATMOSPHERE.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
This position, under limited supervision and acting on their own initiative in a professional manner, is responsible for:
* Provides technical support on Badger Meter Flow Instrumentation products to customers (internal and external).
* Provides primary resource for product and application questions received by Customer Service Representatives.
* Has working knowledge of all of the products available to our customers to understand technology and benefits to recommend the best product for customer applications.
* Responsible for completion of all open customer issues presented for technical support.
* Works with all functional areas in the company to resolve any customer related questions with the highest degree of accuracy, effectiveness and promptness.
* Processes return material authorizations for warranty, repair and/or calibration.
* Works with all functional areas in the company to resolve any customer related question with the highest degree of accuracy, effectiveness and promptness.
* Escalation point for warranty returns.
* Logs calls as Cases in salesforce.com
* Provides appropriate level of support for technical issues for both external customers and internal personnel.
* Uses the tools and standard methods provided for technical support specialists to provide consistent technical support to our customers.
* Attends appropriate training and skill enhancement courses when provided.
* Provides product support for released products, including responding to customer and sales department requests for assistance related to product performance issues.
* Supports ongoing product development by recommending changes to product hardware and software.
* As needed, works to request and coordinate assistance from Marketing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and Sales in resolving product performance issues.
* As requested, provides support to the Marketing Department relative to beta sites and product support issues for pre-release products (Note that responsibility for product support shifts from Marketing to Support Services when the product is officially released for sales).
* Provides appropriate pre-sale and post-sale technical support for network project, connectivity projects and turn-key contract opportunities, including resolving technical issues that are beyond the skills of the Sales Support Managers.
* Communicates all suggested and/or required literature, procedure and policy updates to the Manager to assure the highest level of technical support success.
* Responsible for execution of assigned work activity.
* Responsible for complying with company Code of Business Conduct.
* Responsible for other projects and tasks as may be periodically assigned by the manager.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Customer interaction via phone: Customers call in either directly or are forwarded from other areas of the organization (sales, engineering, field support and customer service) - trouble shoot with the customer to resolve hardware, software and application issues.
* Quoting and working with Engineering & Marketing, etc. on specifications to meet customer requirements
* General Duties: Email, voicemail, proofing of technical literature, and maintaining personal documentation.
* Support Installation for Field: When issues arise during hardware or software installation calls are made to technical support by field personnel.
* Additional projects, tasks, and/or assignments as assigned.
* Two or Four year Degree in Engineering or other technical field
* Three + years of technical experience
* Thorough understanding of fluid dynamics (flow, pressure, temperature, cavitation, etc.)
* Advanced Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Skills in mechanical, electrical, or pneumatic systems a plus
* Experience with process automation and networking also a plus
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the EEO is the Law poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Badger Meter is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.