Since 1937, PSAV has been connecting and inspiring people around the globe with impactful meeting and event experiences. Working closely with our customers, our talented professionals deliver strategic planning, creative production, advanced technology and staging services to make dynamic and impactful meetings and events of all sizes – always with an unwavering focus on you.
Our experienced professionals are passionate about successful events, and take the time to learn about you and your goals. That close working relationship, along with our vast resources and ready-for-anything approach, gives you the peace of mind that PSAV can help create a unique event tailored to realize your vision and achieve your goals.
We’ve earned a reputation for providing reliable, world-class service. It’s earned us the privilege of supporting more than 1,000 meeting planners and event organizers each day. We’re proud of our long-term relationships and position as the trusted, on-site provider of choice at more than 1,500 leading hotels, resorts, convention centers and sports/entertainment venues around the world.
Our global footprint in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe and the Middle East, along with our 40+ production branches, allows us to produce inspiring events anywhere you want to be.
A Technician is responsible for the set up and operation of basic / small-scale
audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete
customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager,
Operations Director or Director, Event Technology.
* Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup,
operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as listed in the
technical qualifications section.
* Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external
* Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective
* Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the
equipment setup is working properly.
* Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
* Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
* Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic
operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and
* Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional
* Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems
entry and paperwork accurately.
* Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up
and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for
* Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
* Works with clients to finalize invoices.
* Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
* High School Diploma required. Associate s degree is preferred.
* Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per PSAV Technical Skillset
Matrix within 180 days (Technical Skill Set Matrix or @PSAV/HR/Global
* 1 year of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
* 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent in educational
environment is preferred.
* A valid driver s license is required for team members that may operat
* Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
* Safety Conscious
* Action Oriented
* Tech Savvy
* Ensures Accountability
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Arts & Entertainment||29.2%||70%||73%|
|Consulting & Upper Management||7.0%||121%||53%|
|Hospitality & Travel||4.9%||228%||87%|
|Marketing & PR||4.0%||10%||51%|