Technician performs scheduled preventative maintenance services on new and used heavy equipment in the field. Additional responsibilities include; ordering needed parts, writing service reports, return of parts, assigning time to jobs and adhering to all safety regulations.
* Performs routine scheduled services for MacAllister customers in the field.
* Completes all required reporting for service time in an accurate and efficiently; this includes writing service reports, properly allocating time to each job, and tracking parts charged and parts returned.
* Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and deadlines, attempting to complete scheduled service as safely, timely and accurately as possible.
* Maintains company issued equipment and tools, keeping them in good working order.
* Adheres to all safety rules and maintains good housekeeping (5S) in shop area.
* Keeps customers updated on work and provides a copy of the service report upon completion of job. Also advises customers of any issues detailed in the service report whenever possible as well as notifying Service Writer as well.
* Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Technical background provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
* 3-5 years of mechanical experience with heavy equipment, preferably with Caterpillar. Strong working knowledge of hydraulics, power train and electrical systems.
* Solid understanding of work area metrics, takes responsibility for improving metrics and results. Applies initiative, demonstrating a "self starting" ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
* Exhibits good problem solving skills; is ably to identify problems, solicit other's opinions and offer valid solutions. Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates a basic understanding of warranty administration.
* Responds to customer requests with a sense of urgency, treating customers as his/her highest priority. Takes personal responsibility with customers, keeping commitments and following through on requests.
* Class B CDL with air brake endorsement
* Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance along with friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
* A strong knowledge of the product and a good knowledge of the product market with a strong respect for the Caterpillar influence.
* Is able to operate industry specific PC and main frame programs with a basic understanding of MS Word, Excel and data base systems.
* The ability to work over time and weekends.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Transportation & Logistics||12.0%||67%||10%|
|Consulting & Upper Management||4.1%||57%||37%|